News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

I guess you can create a series of shows to try and explain what you have done to the park and why, but you shouldn't have to...it should be obvious... To me the front half of the park now seems unfocused and random...purposeless. I like Guardians.... I like that there are more trees.... I even like Connections... The new store is too plain...joyless....as is the whole central core now. It looks too corporate... uncreative.... a complete lack of kinetics and whimsy... The new Flex Space is completely useless...currently... Unless they have grand plans they have not talked about yet. All in all we found it to be an overall loss.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Still would've been better to call it all World Celebration, or World Festival, rather than the three 'neighborhoods,' IMO.

1721408256821.png

Bocabear

the "neighborhoods" in their current state make no sense at all... Yes you can tie together The Seas and The Land...and then maybe add multiple new attractions celebrating all of what encompasses Nature on the planet... Multiple walk through attractions like Moana that explore the land...something that has to do with Weather...then it would start to feel like it was really encompassing "Nature"... Add a gateway of some form to delineate the Nature section in a way that you KNOW you are in World Nature... Likewise the other "neighborhoods" need to feel like they make sense... A Guardians of the Galaxy coaster, A Space training mission, and a General Motors car showroom and ride really feel out of step with "Discovery" and again, these "neighborhoods" need to be connected in some sort of cohesive way that really feels like you are in a world of Discovery...not the same old Epcot with confusing new names for everything. The last part is "World Celebration" that feels more like a rarely used corporate park or college campus quad. It does not feel celebratory... it doesn't feel exciting or vibrant or fun... it just feels like a dry, humorless park with an empty school cafeteria building, flat amphitheater stage, and not much else... Imagination is completely disconnected from this area... Though it is supposed to be part of it...and again, this area feels lifeless and dry... not like a celebration of any sort.
I understand what they were aspiring to do, but they need so much more to actually make it work...

DisCOT_97

Calling it now in a few years when they realize how silly and illogical the “neighborhoods” are, they’ll just slap Discovery World on the whole front half of the park. And by the way, if these are indeed separate lands, why are they all playing the same area loop? Shouldn’t each neighborhood have distinct music? I’ll tell you why. The new names have zero purpose.

DCLcruiser

the "neighborhoods" in their current state make no sense at all... Yes you can tie together The Seas and The Land...and then maybe add multiple new attractions celebrating all of what encompasses Nature on the planet... Multiple walk through attractions like Moana that explore the land...something that has to do with Weather...then it would start to feel like it was really encompassing "Nature"... Add a gateway of some form to delineate the Nature section in a way that you KNOW you are in World Nature... Likewise the other "neighborhoods" need to feel like they make sense... A Guardians of the Galaxy coaster, A Space training mission, and a General Motors car showroom and ride really feel out of step with "Discovery" and again, these "neighborhoods" need to be connected in some sort of cohesive way that really feels like you are in a world of Discovery...not the same old Epcot with confusing new names for everything. The last part is "World Celebration" that feels more like a rarely used corporate park or college campus quad. It does not feel celebratory... it doesn't feel exciting or vibrant or fun... it just feels like a dry, humorless park with an empty school cafeteria building, flat amphitheater stage, and not much else... Imagination is completely disconnected from this area... Though it is supposed to be part of it...and again, this area feels lifeless and dry... not like a celebration of any sort.
I understand what they were aspiring to do, but they need so much more to actually make it work...
Imagination should be in World Nature as imagination is a natural brain function.

aladdin2007

Calling it now in a few years when they realize how silly and illogical the “neighborhoods” are, they’ll just slap Discovery World on the whole front half of the park. And by the way, if these are indeed separate lands, why are they all playing the same area loop? Shouldn’t each neighborhood have distinct music? I’ll tell you why. The new names have zero purpose.
that's what they should have just called it from the beginning of this mess.

Disstevefan1

It’s easy and cheap to do a name change and they can say they implemented a park enhancement 🤣

Disstevefan1

Central fountain post table building?
View attachment 801840

Like, it's right there. Just do it.
Walls up for another 5 years to reinstall the fountain of nations?

I say YES! It’s better than that ugly planter and the broken lighting.

Better yet, Walls back up,
Bulldoze that stupid planter
Reinstall a modern fountain of nations
bulldoze Moana, you can use Moana's water plant for the new fountain of nations.
Extend Communicore, put a big beautiful indoor, air conditioned, omnimover dark ride in Communicore.

Last edited:

Brian

And by the way, if these are indeed separate lands, why are they all playing the same area loop? Shouldn’t each neighborhood have distinct music?
I agree about the silliness of the names, but there is distinct music being played in each "neighborhood." It is very similar sounding by design, but it is arranged differently.

James Alucobond

Imagination should be in World Nature as imagination is a natural brain function.
If they end up putting Inside Out in the Magic Eye, they could definitely re-brand it as a pavilion of human nature, e.g. what makes us distinct as a species. Then you’d have space to discuss imagination and emotions, while perhaps using the exhibit space for activities that show off the capabilities of the human mind.

It’s a stretch, but to me, Imagination is the main impediment to the map at least looking like it makes some sense. Nature annexing Imagination and CommuniCore; Discovery annexing Connections, Creations, and Odyssey; and Celebration effectively becoming a non-land gateway encompassing the plaza, Spaceship Earth, Project Tomorrow, Pin Traders, Gateway Gifts, Dreamers Point, and Celebration Gardens seems the most realistic hotfix to the current cartographic mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom