News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I will say, these seem to be much better at their job than the old kite tarps were.
You misspelled "Ugly. Have to be ripped out immediately.". ;)

Imagine if the ones over Innoventions Plaza had been replaced at some point in the 2010's... Nah. That makes too much sense, and probably would have cost too much for the Bob's and/or Staggs/Rasulo. Much better to tear the whole area up for years just to take a giant step backwards for the area.

James Alucobond

No, no. “Kite tarps”. They’re good at providing some shade… Unless a bunch of people thought they were ugly in the central spine and demanded their removal for looking “tacky”. But now, over in the former rose garden? They’re great!!!
The complaint about the sails in the central spine was that they were too spread out to be effective, blocked views of Spaceship Earth, and littered the space with some especially ugly purple supports. They're by no means a visual spectacle, but they're completely out of the way and at least moderately useful in this space.

Bocabear

Why another Flex Space? I don't remember that question on the exit survey...Were people saying they really wish there were less gardens and attractions and more "Flex Space"? There is currently a gigantic empty pavilion that could become "Flex Space" Why would they need to build more... The entire Moroccan Pavilion is in danger currently of becoming Flex Space with the lack of any meaningful attraction there and no anchor restaurant...They have been treating the Magic Eye Theater as Flex Space for years instead of putting in a new permanent attraction... Enough with the Flex Space already....

James Alucobond

Why another Flex Space? I don't remember that question on the exit survey...Were people saying they really wish there were less gardens and attractions and more "Flex Space"? There is currently a gigantic empty pavilion that could become "Flex Space" Why would they need to build more... The entire Moroccan Pavilion is in danger currently of becoming Flex Space with the lack of any meaningful attraction there and no anchor restaurant...They have been treating the Magic Eye Theater as Flex Space for years instead of putting in a new permanent attraction... Enough with the Flex Space already....
This one actually makes sense. It’s a nexus for a ton of food booths, and people were sick of eating on trash cans or out of their laps on benches. The shadeless table-less one over at CommuniCore is the one that’s genuinely puzzling.

Centauri Space Station

This is usually just used for festival booths so they are probably trying to make use while no festivals going on. Regarding Morocco, Spice Road is an anchor restaurant plus the bakery up front and shops. Tangerine serves skewers and breads atm and there’s the Race Against the Sun exhibit.

Epcot81Fan

Don't forget the entire Wonders of Life pavilion! Where all of your "Flex Space" dreams can come true!

Bocabear

This one actually makes sense. It’s a nexus for a ton of food booths, and people were sick of eating on trash cans or out of their laps on benches. The shadeless table-less one over at CommuniCore is the one that’s genuinely puzzling.
I will agree with you about needing tables for the food booths, but did not realize there were a lot of food booths on the Rose path... I thought most of them were around the showcase promenade.... But if there will be food booths in the area, then I would certainly be pleased with some seating and tables...

tparris

I will agree with you about needing tables for the food booths, but did not realize there were a lot of food booths on the Rose path... I thought most of them were around the showcase promenade.... But if there will be food booths in the area, then I would certainly be pleased with some seating and tables...
The flex space is bookended by two food booths, and there are a few more within 50 feet of it

bpiper

Run around to get out a lot of energy. It's called zoomies when dogs start running around your house.

One of my 3 cats does that. It will just take off running at full throttle. Around the 1st floor of the house, up the stairs, make a circuit of upstairs and then back down the stairs and usually stops where he started at.... Funny thing is that it seems like it usually happens after he goes to the bathroom.....

DCBaker

Premium Member
When EPCOT Becoming: Inside the Transformation was announced, Disney said additional behind-the-scenes stories related to the EPCOT Transformation would be released starting in mid-June on YouTube. The first episode, titled Redrawing the Map, has finally been released from National Geographic.

Here's the description for Episode 1:

EPCOT BECOMING is dedicated to reimagining EPCOT® for a new generation. Go behind the scenes with the Walt Disney Imagineering teams on their multi-year quest to redesign the classic park map. As the neighborhoods expand and change to make room for new attractions and out-of-this-world storytelling, their vision goes from inspiration and innovation to transformation.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A sneak peek into WDI's "drawing boundaries" process:

200.gif

Loop Drawing GIF by My_E

Personally, hard pass on a show highlighting their efforts to destroy a once-unique and unbelievably well-built park.

Brian

When EPCOT Becoming: Inside the Transformation was announced, Disney said additional behind-the-scenes stories related to the EPCOT Transformation would be released starting in mid-June on YouTube. The first episode, titled Redrawing the Map, has finally been released from National Geographic.

Here's the description for Episode 1:

EPCOT BECOMING is dedicated to reimagining EPCOT® for a new generation. Go behind the scenes with the Walt Disney Imagineering teams on their multi-year quest to redesign the classic park map. As the neighborhoods expand and change to make room for new attractions and out-of-this-world storytelling, their vision goes from inspiration and innovation to transformation.

The vibes I'm getting from this:

1hhv9m.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom