News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

V_L_Raptor

You know how everyone on here’s favorite thing to complain about is the lights in World Celebration being broken? Well that was a complete lie. Photo taken tonight View attachment 791932

I wouldn’t call it a lie. Inconsistent performance from that light system has been pretty thoroughly documented, and when it’s as bad as it’s been, the pictures have been pretty definitive.

If anything, they’re an IP tie-in to show up as reliably as the Flying Dutchman.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How did we go from this...

0323-epcot-communicore-festival-concept.jpg

To this?

I get that it's flex space and all, but couldn't we at least have had some character to the space (that is easily movable/removable) for when the space is not otherwise in active use?

Bocabear

View attachment 792007

To this?

I get that it's flex space and all, but couldn't we at least have had some character to the space (that is easily movable/removable) for when the space is not otherwise in active use?
That is clearly showing a use of the "flex space" as a figment inspired origami and art exhibition which will never happen...in the meantime please enjoy this thoroughly unattractive completely useless space....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 792007

To this?

I agree it definitely should have some big banners on the walls at least.

But the difference from concept art to reality is that there are no current festivals. So, no festival displays in the flex space.

Bocabear

When there is nothing going on, that Flex Spce should have been designed to be closed and hidden to guests... not just left as a big empty space with some seating... Honestly. And seriously they could have gone into the archives and pulled out old pieces of EPCOT for an Exhibition....something to make it look like it is being used... At this point I would rater see the cavernous half empty Innoventions building....

michmousefan

Honestly, how expensive would it be to create five triple-sided kiosks with each one covering a decade of changes/additions at the park? Make it a mini-museum of all things Epcot... and sell some nostalgic merch; that seems to be a major revenue driver for the company these days. That along with the $15 cocktail that you will be sipping as you view the exhibits...

Cmdr_Crimson

Honestly, how expensive would it be to create five triple-sided kiosks with each one covering a decade of changes/additions at the park? Make it a mini-museum of all things Epcot... and sell some nostalgic merch; that seems to be a major revenue driver for the company these days. That along with the $15 cocktail that you will be sipping as you view the exhibits...
So, basically what they did for Epcot's 25th..
Photo from miceage
fw-014.jpg

tparris

Interesting seeing this signage installed, as there is still no new dedication plaque at the front of the park, and they just have a few potted plants sitting where the old one was for now. I’m assuming we’ll see a new one installed in the coming weeks.

_caleb

View attachment 792007

To this?

I’m, it looks the same to me, one is staged, the other is not.

I think it was foolish of them to open this to the public without staging, but what other differences are you seeing?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Interesting seeing this signage installed, as there is still no new dedication plaque at the front of the park, and they just have a few potted plants sitting where the old one was for now. I’m assuming we’ll see a new one installed in the coming weeks.
We saw the sign on Thursday.

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb-downed society has become that a directional sign to the entrance is necessary.

Guests arriving via bus have managed to find the entrance for decades. It’s not rocket science.

James Alucobond

We saw the sign on Thursday.

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb-downed society has become that a directional sign to the entrance is necessary.

Guests arriving via bus have managed to find the entrance for decades. It’s not rocket science.
I’m not sure enhanced wayfinding is really worth complaining about, nor is improving it indicative of general trends in intelligence. There are plenty of things that humanity managed just fine with in the past that still had a lot of room for improvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom