News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

yeah but the one on the right has some architectural interest...the giant exagerrated skylights and the glass window walls are pretty fabulous... It could use more, but already has beautiful bones to work with... THe other is just a box...nothing to see there....

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

No word on that yet. I was hoping/expecting it to be done with CommuniCore Plaza.

I'm surprised that the entire pavement section of the main entrance to World Discovery hasn't been changed despite a refurbished DVC kiosk/merch cart/splash pad/entry to Connections....still has the Innoventions patterns.

aladdin2007

So, this isn't really a Future World question and is more World Showcase. On Google maps, there is a cleared area between Germany and the canal next to China. Was that just a staging area or was that something that has since been cancelled? I know people talk about a Brazilian pavilion but that would also have been a great place for a Germany ride. I'm not suggesting that they are building a ride but just wondered about that cleared area.
More than likely just general backstage area work, they are always doing something back there it seems. Brazil would have been between Germany and Italy. Germany still has its own expansion space such as they could finish building the section of building they quit on over 40 years ago. The one your referring to next to Germany and the canal is actually 2 future expansion pads. Africa would have been the first one along the canal, then another country pavilion, then Germany etc.

dreamfinding

More than likely just general backstage area work, they are always doing something back there it seems. Brazil would have been between Germany and Italy. Germany still has its own expansion space such as they could finish building the section of building they quit on over 40 years ago. The one your referring to next to Germany and the canal is actually 2 future expansion pads. Africa would have been the first one along the canal, then another country pavilion, then Germany etc.
Don’t touch the trains.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m sorry, I don’t think this looks good, but I guess it’s just personal preference.
View attachment 791162View attachment 791163View attachment 791164
View attachment 791166
View attachment 791171
Besides the back of the Festival Center and losing FoN, every change made to FW was a massive aesthetic and functional improvement. The sky isn’t falling.

Now if we’re talking about spending money efficiently, that’s a different story…
I can post pictures of trench warfare at Verdun and tell you definitively that it was hell…
…but you shouldn’t believe me cause I wasn’t there and it’s just blowing smoke.
I don't know about anyone else, but I also adore the pavement changes at EPCOT.

It makes it feel that much more premium.
View attachment 791173View attachment 791172
Uh huh…
When was your first visit to EC? It was built in the 90’s, right?….so like 2002? 🤔

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I really think the CommuniCore Plaza is actually a weather making machine in disguise! Those towers are no ordinary lights!

DSC06929-Enhanced-NR-1.jpg

dreamfinding

I don't know what the plan was for that, but yeah they would have had to go. Hopefully moved.
I mean, they could actually move the trains and make it part of a gift shop. I guess a lot of it would be dependent on what would happen with Biergarten. I know that all of Biergarten would have to be a show building.

If they were really smart: build Rhine River Cruise + make the trains part of the queue.

Ayla

I mean, they could actually move the trains and make it part of a gift shop. I guess a lot of it would be dependent on what would happen with Biergarten. I know that all of Biergarten would have to be a show building.

If they were really smart: build Rhine River Cruise + make the trains part of the queue.
Funny, we are going on a real Rhine River cruise this summer, for less than a week-long WDW vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom