News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

JohnD

A couple games have been set up in the flex space area, but be warned the artificial turf is roasting in the sun:

So cornhole and Connect 4? Might as well add
1718034374111.png

Virtual Toad

First Look Inside EPCOT's New CommuniCore Hall​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56344.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56348.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56345.jpg
I do enjoy the play of lighting on the exterior at night, even if use of the triangles are lazy and way too self-referential. But the inside just looks... sparse... empty... value engineered. So a gas station on the outside, and a hospital cafeteria on the inside. Minimally functional and air conditioned but far from world class or inspiring. And functionally it provides nothing more than what was already there before, which was far more grand and ambitious.

ETA: Rangerbob beat me to it in terms of the hospital reference😀

Last edited:

JohnD

Minimally functional and air conditioned but far from world class or inspiring. And functionally it provides nothing more than what was already there before, which was far more grander and ambitious.
That was my thought. The old building south of the breezeway had spaces for guests to sit and a Mickey M&G. Could have just left that building, gutted it, and reconfigured the space.

Virtual Toad

That was my thought. The old building south of the breezeway had spaces for guests to sit and a Mickey M&G. Could have just left that building, gutted it, and reconfigured the space.
And retained the vast Innoventions space for future development. Heck, they even could have put in a dark ride like Google's from 2019 CES (which was far more "Epcot" than anything Disney's done in 10-15 years):
1718036005540.jpeg

I still contend tearing down the Innoventions/Comminicore building was a financial move, eliminating HVAC/electrical costs there to help offset those expenses in the huge Guardians building.

KDM31091

This. It is ridiculous that 5 years of construction got us something that is functionally identical to what it replaced. And looks far worse. Plus compare Mousegear to Creations shop. MouseGear had charm, theme and story. Creations Shop is a Target, just there to sell you things. No story, no theme.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
It would have been the same thing just higher and with an up-charged fireworks viewing area.
I mean, sure, the table would have still been an events flex space, but at least it would have had some sort of evocative design and architecture. What we have now is just badly mimicking and failing to create the symmetry of the previous building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom