News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

999th Happy Haunt

JoW, Connections, front of Epcot re-do and Central Park spine/ southwest area look open and inviting. When the lighting is on point, it’s beautiful. The Beacons still drop plenty of chins.
Have to disagree hard on the central spine having experienced it for the first time last week. It is absolutely incredible how dead the area is even when the park is fairly crowded. Abysmal path flow makes 90% of crowds hug the walls of Connections or take the JoW shortcut path before you even reach the hub. Even if paths did work people into the center, there’s just absolutely nothing to see in there. By far the most disappointing part of the so-called “Epcot Revival” for me (besides what they didn’t do obviously.)

tparris

IMG_1377.jpeg
I believe @wdwmagic is right, if you look at the rose walk flex space on the new map, there are shade tiles present.

Bocabear

Wow, So they built a hotel convention center in the hub of EPCOT...Not only bland an uninspiring, but literally plain and looking like a temporary fix. Wallpaper graphics galore. It should be sponsored by Epson Digital Printers.
And for the big reveal THAT is the bigi wow show they put together?
Would have been cute as a temporary show in a Colombia themed area for Food and Wine, but the opening show for this 7 years of construction pavilion should be spectacular and memorable... not a sing along cartoon show. No disrespect for the performers that were doing a great job....

jeanericuser001

Wow, So they built a hotel convention center in the hub of EPCOT...Not only bland an uninspiring, but literally plain and looking like a temporary fix. Wallpaper graphics galore. It should be sponsored by Epson Digital Printers.
And for the big reveal THAT is the bigi wow show they put together?
Would have been cute as a temporary show in a Colombia themed area for Food and Wine, but the opening show for this 7 years of construction pavilion should be spectacular and memorable... not a sing along cartoon show. No disrespect for the performers that were doing a great job....

If my suspicions are correct that show will be going into either animal kingdom or magic kingdom soon. Its basically a temporary filler to keep encanto fresh in the minds until the newer better attraction space has been made. I give it 3 years tops and then it will be somewhere else.

Bocabear

Only thing I can think of is this "reimagining of Epcot" was to clear the way for something down the road they are not discussing.... If it is not, WOw what a collosal failure. Especially the centerpiece planter with non-working lighting....They should put the walls back up and tear that whole area out again and put a large dynamic show fountain in it's place to give it some life...and then redo the lighting while they are at it.

aladdin2007

Does anyone find it strange they are saying the overhaul is done when it isn’t? They are literally closing test track in seven days. Even if that’s it for EPCOT (I have my doubts) the overhaul isn’t complete and they know that.
I think they are counting test track and attraction pavilions separate from the middle overhaul. Though wonders was suppose to be part of it I guess.

Haymarket2008

Does anyone find it strange they are saying the overhaul is done when it isn’t? They are literally closing test track in seven days. Even if that’s it for EPCOT (I have my doubts) the overhaul isn’t complete and they know that.

I am FAR from an apologist for them, but the only reason I can see this being called complete is the full out "rebranding" of the park being complete and launched. Which is objectively true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom