News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
What we were promised.

View attachment 790580
What we got…
CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56348.jpg
It would have been the same thing just higher and with an up-charged fireworks viewing area.

KDM31091

That was my thought. The old building south of the breezeway had spaces for guests to sit and a Mickey M&G. Could have just left that building, gutted it, and reconfigured the space.
This. It is ridiculous that 5 years of construction got us something that is functionally identical to what it replaced. And looks far worse. Plus compare Mousegear to Creations shop. MouseGear had charm, theme and story. Creations Shop is a Target, just there to sell you things. No story, no theme.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
It would have been the same thing just higher and with an up-charged fireworks viewing area.
I mean, sure, the table would have still been an events flex space, but at least it would have had some sort of evocative design and architecture. What we have now is just badly mimicking and failing to create the symmetry of the previous building.

DCBaker

Premium Member

First Look Inside EPCOT's New CommuniCore Hall​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56344.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56348.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56345.jpg

Note there isn't much for phone charging in this area - just 4 sets of outlets (one 2-plug outlet at each inside corner of the building). There are outlets in the floor that are probably for event use, but the one I opened had standing water it it:

tempImage2y8VVD.jpg

doctornick

That's strange... Maybe they thought ALL banners/signs were bad after the Tiana debacle?
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. They certainly don't look temporary, so I am wondering if the @wdwmagic pictures were a "before" from prior to their instillation? If not and they were removed, that's unfortunate since while they aren't anything special, they at least provide some color to an otherwise very sterile space.

ToTBellHop

Note there isn't much for phone charging in this area - just 4 sets of outlets (one 2-plug outlet at each inside corner of the building). There are outlets in the floor that are probably for event use, but the one I opened had standing water it it:

View attachment 790609
This project has had a shocking number of water issues given the addition of an attraction featuring a girl who can supposedly control water.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom