News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Rich Brownn

And asks his Imagineers in furious anger "Guys..What the heck!?
Where is my city???...I didn't ask for this! Close this down and get to contacting the companies that want to incorporate future possibilities with us."
The imagineers figured out pretty quickly to build a city with residents would remove the E, P and T from it. As one imagineers said "You can't experiment with peoples lives". Imagine if they had built the city - and then the trash system frequently broke down (as it often does in the MK/Contemporary setup) backing garbage into everyones house. Or the PeopleMover going down for a year or so for repairs (like what happened in the MK) or failed entirely (as in Houston). You can't put prototypes or experimental stuff into people's houses and hope they work.

osian

The imagineers figured out pretty quickly to build a city with residents would remove the E, P and T from it. As one imagineers said "You can't experiment with peoples lives". Imagine if they had built the city - and then the trash system frequently broke down (as it often does in the MK/Contemporary setup) backing garbage into everyones house. Or the PeopleMover going down for a year or so for repairs (like what happened in the MK) or failed entirely (as in Houston). You can't put prototypes or experimental stuff into people's houses and hope they work.
Hence they did something different, but still faithful to the ideas of both the dining district consisting of world cuisines, and the visitor centre to demonstrate how technology, industry and creativity shape the world we live in and will live in. Still the most Walt Disney thing the corporation has ever done, how could it possibly be more timeless, relevant and Disney?

The actual city and community idea, of course, would not have worked. But what we took away from this was the inspiration.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Enhance!...

1716499399419.png

lazyboy97o

Apartment buildings and transit oriented urban development already existed and still exist to this day. Simple things like garbage chutes break. Transit lines do have to go down for repairs. Commercially available appliances do break and they even get upgraded when the landlord decides to upgrade them.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Did they ever get the color changing LED’s in the ground working again?
Not yet, unfortunately.
@tparris reported on this, last Monday:
Starting to see some signs of life in very small sections of the ground lighting…
(They also need to worry about fixing the lights on SSE that have been out long before World Celebration even opened…)View attachment 786666View attachment 786667
Unfortunately I feel like that’s not the case. I saw someone messing with the plastic(?) strip covering the lights earlier today and I could see another layer with the actual lights underneath that. There was a ton of water and condensation inside the layer with the lights so I believe they genuinely need to be completely replaced to ever fully work again

I see they are going back to the rusty/ grunge aesthetic of 1998 Tomorrowland. I wonder if they will also plant some lettuce or maybe some orange trees so it can be a callback to Horizons!

James Alucobond

I mean, it would be a welcome seating area considering everyone complains about eating on trash cans during festivals. That area is typically jammed up with booths. In Festival of the Arts alone, the area just north houses Deco Delights, Pop Eats, Deconstructed Dish, and whatever resides in Refreshment Port, plus they just added a new kiosk next door and potentially three more in CommuniCore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom