News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Huh, I thought there’d at least be a custom bench or something against that wall facing Earth Station. Weird that it took so long. I guess there was some piece missing or some issue with the finish they were dealing with.

Disstevefan1

Final Piece of Dreamer's Point Unveiled in EPCOT's World Celebration​

Epcot_Full_56050.jpg
Epcot_Full_56052.jpg
WALLS??!!!?? It was bad enough we had walls up for all those years while they destroyed EPCOT, now they put in permanent walls for seemingly NO REASON WHATSOEVER???!!!!??

Figments Friend

Having been at Epcot earlier this week, and experiencing the landscaped gardens here in the central area again I have to say it is rather nice.
The lighting in these areas sets a interesting ambiance, and the matching light patterns tied into the Beacons of Light showing are a neat effect.

As before, my opinion is still that it would have been better if the central planter was instead a large fountain.
Why this was not done, I do not know…..but each time I pass through this area I cannot help but think this is what this space needs.
A water element.

-

JohnD

The new wall looks like some kind of war memorial you would find in Washington DC.

Maybe this is to commemorate all the attractions we have lost over the years? I will bring some flowers on my next visit.
Call it the EPCOT Center Memorial Wall. Engrave on it Dreamfinder, Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit, Horizons, World of Motion, Universe of Energy, Fountain of Nations, Illuminations, Maelstrom, etc.

Last edited:

osian

"The "Walt the Dreamer" statue represents Walt later in his life when he was dreaming up the overall Florida Project and the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. He sits with a sense of fulfillment, enjoying the beauty of his realized dream: a park that represents pure optimism and truly celebrates the magic of possibility."

I can't believe how timely this is, considering the posts that came immedaitely before it.

Cmdr_Crimson

"The "Walt the Dreamer" statue represents Walt later in his life when he was dreaming up the overall Florida Project and the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. He sits with a sense of fulfillment, enjoying the beauty of his realized dream: a park that represents pure optimism and truly celebrates the magic of possibility."
And asks his Imagineers in furious anger "Guys..What the heck!?
Where is my city???...I didn't ask for this! Close this down and get to contacting the companies that want to incorporate future possibilities with us."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom