News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Figments Friend

I was over at Epcot tonight and something caught my eye…
Think I saw some light tests being done on the new Communicore Hall building.

A few nights prior I noticed the lighted triangle panels and they were flashing like crazy through several colors.
Tonight, for a short time I saw steady burning lights…all in the colors of the classic ‘EPCOT Center rainbow’…red, orange, yellow, purple.
Looked nice.

I was about to snap a photo to share here, but the moment I was about to the lights went out.
Du’oh!
Later in the evening the lighting was all green…did not look as nice.

-

tparris

I was over at Epcot tonight and something caught my eye…
Think I saw some light tests being done on the new Communicore Hall building.

A few nights prior I noticed the lighted triangle panels and they were flashing like crazy through several colors.
Tonight, for a short time I saw steady burning lights…all in the colors of the classic ‘EPCOT Center rainbow’…red, orange, yellow, purple.
Looked nice.

I was about to snap a photo to share here, but the moment I was about to the lights went out.
Du’oh!
Later in the evening the lighting was all green…did not look as nice.

-
IMG_1234.jpeg
IMG_1238.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

Dedication plaque has been removed, looks like it’s finally getting replaced soon to bring it in line with all the new signage.View attachment 786808View attachment 786809
Hopefully they make the plaque say EPCOT Center on the first line again (or EPCOT in all caps at the bare minimum). Surprised they never rededicated the park, maybe they realized that would look bad with how little major change actually happened in the grand scheme of things.

Brian

Perhaps they're rewriting it to become more timeless, more relevant, and more Disney?
Indeed! I've happened to obtain the new wording:

"To all who come to this place of Synergy, Activations and misplaced IP: Welcome
EPCOT is inspired by Walt Disney Studios' creative vision. Here, IP is celebrated through
relevancy, timeless activations, and malfunctioning lighting that promises exciting and overcrowded
festivals for all.

May EPCOT pander, irritate, and above all, instill a new sense of belief and pride in personkind's
ability to turbocharge Disney+ subscriptions that offers hope to shareholders everywhere."

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Dedication plaque has been removed, looks like it’s finally getting replaced soon to bring it in line with all the new signage.View attachment 786808View attachment 786809
Oh wow…
I was just looking at this literally the other day.

Brought a friend over to read the words so he could better understand what the real EPCOT Center once stood for.
So much more the beer and food festivals back then…

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom