News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

No Name

I wouldn't call it stale. Here's a screenshot from the 90s. They took out all the "park" out of the theme park and have now added it back.

Credit to @Animaniac93-98 for sharing the video. Which is a great watch!

View attachment 758076
But this picture screams 80s office park. It’s tough to make a place with palm trees look like the opposite of a vacation. I’m not sure if stale is the right word but it wasn’t great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But this picture screams 80s office park. It’s tough to make a place with palm trees look like the opposite of a vacation. I’m not sure if stale is the right word but it wasn’t great.
Everything ages…

For the first 15-20 years…Epcot was by far the best theme park constructed…one built as a tribute to the human brain. It was also properly maintained.

That park is not present now

Epcot82Guy

To be fair, I think it's almost guaranteed World Celebration Gardens will likely look like a "20s office park" in the 2030s or 2040s (if not sooner). I'm not saying that's a bad thing, as I enjoy it. But, something that looked like a 1980's office park (designed in the mid-late 70s) in the 90s isn't a fair comparison to something that's been open a week. I would argue the idea behind the original plaza and World Celebration Gardens is the same. It's contemporary design - not futuristic or envelope pushing design. It will need updating again in 10 years or so.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Permits filed today for what I assume is two new Kiosks..

1406 Avenue of the Star (EPCOT CREATIONS FESTIVAL KIOSK #1) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1406 AVENUE OF THE STARS #B (EPCOT CREATIONS FESTIVAL KIOSK #2) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

1702070679576.png

James Alucobond

Magicband touch points for the character meet and greets?
The meet and greets will probably eventually relocate inside of Communicore Hall. I imagine two small merchandise kiosks would make sense in the garden alcoves there since each garden seems like it's supposed to be an extension of the adjacent area. That would give us outdoor dining for Connections, seating and viewing for Communicore, and then perhaps shopping for Creations. I suppose there could be food kiosks too, but there are already 3-4 planned for Communicore Plaza.

DavidDL

I miss the way this back area looked before the change. I liked the fountain of nations and surrounding area more before. I do like the front half of Spaceship Earth better today, though. I'm happy the legacy stones are gone.

DavidDL

Something I'm wondering is why wasn't this general location used for the statue of Walt instead of it's current placement?

By placing the statue here, wouldn't folks get a better, less obstructed shot of Spaceship Earth in the background? -and minimize the impact of the Project Tomorrow building?

loc.png

I guess I could see it being a "viewing space" issue for shows since the lights are in sync with Spaceship Earth and this area is a sort of gathering spot for folks. But, I still can't imagine it would get much worse than fireworks viewing on Main Street for these short light shows. Heck, Disneyland's Main Street has the Partners statue dropped right in the middle of the madness and manages to operate fine each night.

osian

I’m here in person. Pinar Toprak’s score in World Celebration Gardens is pure magic. It’s amazing here at night.
Y'know, I'm really jealous right now. After lots of waiting, frustrations and disappointments, the positive vibes coming out of this week are very welcome, but I've got 11 months til I can see it all myself. And by then, Test Track will probably be closed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom