News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Anyone have photos of the day walls first went up, or a timestamped article?

Feels like we should commemorate this moment of soon not having a mass of walls in the way, by remembering how far we’ve come.

Here is the central area this morning
Found it.
We haven’t had EPCOT without walls since September 9, 2019

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Thank you for doing the digging for us!
It’s been 4ish long years.

PHOTOS - Center of Future World now closed and eastern bypass walkway opens
No Problem! Now that I’ve been hunting, I can’t stop. The center of Future World closed completely February 16, 2020.

Skibum1970

Even if every single person who has visited Epcot bought an Individual Lightning Lane since the attraction opened this would still not be true.

If Guardians cost $400M and LL cost $20 for each, that would require 20,000,000 riders. So, if everyone at Epcot purchased one LL every day, it would take two years. Something tells me the math doesn't support the assertion. It was a funny statement, though.

DreamfinderGuy

And there will still be walls up on the 5th. Really ridiculous
Ironically the only thing that was walled off on 9/10/19 was the southwest CommuniCore quadrant, the rest of the plaza remained open. On the 5th there will once again be an open plaza but a walled off southwest CommuniCore. The one area of this project that has been going on for the longest will be the last part to wrap up.

Horizonsfan

The issue isn’t with the statue being centered, it’s that the background is designed for something symmetrical. Having such a small statue off center is likely the right move. However, the centered curved cast stone background and identical lanterns on pilasters at the ends promote symmetry. That’s what is off about it.

Asymetry works when the whole concept leans into it. That’s why the Mission Space & Imagination facades work so well.

The background likely should have been something angling in one direction or the other, with lanterns of varying size or just a singular fixture at one end.

James Alucobond

The issue isn’t with the statue being centered, it’s that the background is designed for something symmetrical. Having such a small statue off center is likely the right move. However, the centered curved cast stone background and identical lanterns on pilasters at the ends promote symmetry. That’s what is off about it.

Asymetry works when the whole concept leans into it. That’s why the Mission Space & Imagination facades work so well.

The background likely should have been something angling in one direction or the other, with lanterns of varying size or just a singular fixture at one end.
I agree that the immediate backdrop should lean into the asymmetry, though it should be noted that the planters directly in front of the statue do. The one to the west is long and has a tree in it while the one to the east is shorter with lower plantings, so it may look a bit more purposeful when looking toward him from the terraced area.

That said, people who are acting like it's an unintentional mistake are a bit daft. 🤷‍♂️

Clamman73

I agree that the immediate backdrop should lean into the asymmetry, though it should be noted that the planters directly in front of the statue do. The one to the west is long and has a tree in it while the one to the east is shorter with lower plantings, so it may look a bit more purposeful when looking toward him from the terraced area.

That said, people who are acting like it's an unintentional mistake are a bit daft. 🤷‍♂️
I was about to reply with that point...walking up to it you're presented with asymmetry from the planters.
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 8.00.12 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom