News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MrPromey

Walt Disney Dreamers Point sculpture now in mini-sized edition​

Creations-Shop_Full_53066.jpg
So now I can buy him and point him so he's looking and smiling at something he had nothing to do with in my home office just like the full sized one will be doing in the park once the real statue is unveiled.

Sweet!

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Haven’t been watching this thread for a while, but somebody catch me up: I thought I saw something that said they were painting it blue, but are they now painting it beige? Or a weird mix of both?
TL;DR version: The backside of the pavilion was painted a different shade of blue than the front back in July (here), but as early as September 2nd the front half of the building has been receiving tan/beige paint extremely reminiscent of the original Living Seas pavilion.

Why they decided to do this is under discussion in this forum at the moment. Based on posted photos the last few days, they seem to be doubling down on it.

Earlie the Pearlie

TL;DR version: The backside of the pavilion was painted a different shade of blue than the front back in July (here), but as early as September 2nd the front half of the building has been receiving tan/beige paint extremely reminiscent of the original Living Seas pavilion.

Why they decided to do this is under discussion in this forum at the moment. Based on posted photos the last few days, they seem to be doubling down on it.
I highly doubt they’d remove Nemo but perhaps making the ride a bit more educational soon? One of my favorite personal armchair projects is having the dark ride be a lesson about marine ecosystems featuring Nemo and company

Mickeynerd17

I highly doubt they’d remove Nemo but perhaps making the ride a bit more educational soon? One of my favorite personal armchair projects is having the dark ride be a lesson about marine ecosystems featuring Nemo and company
Nah, I expect the interior to remain unchanged. Only exterior work.

If they fully go through with this, we'll have an interesting hybrid of both versions of the pavilion exterior because I seriously doubt the mural will change.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Long shot guess - They're going to put projections on the wall to make it "Reimagined!" and "MAGICAL!!!". (I threw up in my mouth a bit when typing that...🤮)

retr0gate

Long shot guess - They're going to put projections on the wall to make it "Reimagined!" and "MAGICAL!!!". (I threw up in my mouth a bit when typing that...🤮)
I think some kind of nighttime projection could be nice here, so long as it's done tastefully and plays upon the design of the actual mural instead of just random nemo animations

James Alucobond

I would love to see the sun back from the original mural even if most of the fish stay too. But I'm assuming it's just more of a return to the original color scheme rather than a rollback of anything else. Gotta say that I love these little updates, like the color change here, unique lightpoles for The Land and The Seas, etc. Here's hoping an interior refresh of The Land and Coral Reef are coming soon.

Earlie the Pearlie

I
I would love to see the sun back from the original mural even if most of the fish stay too. But I'm assuming it's just more of a return to the original color scheme rather than a rollback of anything else. Gotta say that I love these little updates, like the color change here, unique lightpoles for The Land and The Seas, etc. Here's hoping an interior refresh of The Land and Coral Reef are coming soon.
A new sign in the classic white font would be cool too. Just wishful thinking though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom