News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

castlecake2.0

DB52768B-7FF6-409A-8F8F-4F25B66B429D.jpeg

Bocabear

that looks ridiculous...especially when you can see the line where it goes from pale blue to cream...
When did the pale blue get painted? Seems like something they would have done while they were painting the Communicore buildings with all the leftover paint they could find....
1695239060411.png

Paintsamplecore!

castlecake2.0

that looks ridiculous...especially when you can see the line where it goes from pale blue to cream...
When did the pale blue get painted? Seems like something they would have done while they were painting the Communicore buildings with all the leftover paint they could find....
View attachment 744048
Paintsamplecore!
I’m wondering if they’d just the stopping point for now and will continue to paint the rest beige, I really don’t think they’d just paint half the building but you never know these days

retr0gate

That’s what I was trying to figure out. If they’re just repainting it blue then why put a beige primer? Unless they’re painting the back blend-in blue?
Looks like this area was being painted as far back as Sept 2nd:

My initial thought was primer too but I don't see why they would just leave it sitting for over 2 weeks if they didn't intend to keep it. Props to whoever has been overseeing the Seas during this "overhaul." Lots of subtle changes that have done nothing but improve the pavilion. If they're bringing back the old color scheme then that's a massive win in my book. I did find it odd seeing as they did just repaint the back of the building blue, but it's a different shade than what's on the rest of the building so who knows.

Mickeynerd17

View attachment 744051They’re starting to remove fish from the mural…
That's most likely to get to the surfaces underneath. I seriously doubt the mural will change in a significant fashion.

As for primer, primer usually is white, though it can be colored to match the paint that will be applied.

This could be a situation like the multiple Cosmic Rewind paint jobs where they painted the rear blue to match the front side but later decided to redo the whole thing. For what reason I have no idea but I welcome the change back to the old paint scheme.

James Alucobond

New thought ... Perhaps the blue on the back is the primer rather than the other way around. Like, perhaps they wanted a consistent color and texture to paint over with the cream so that they didn't have to re-prime the entire surface of the building in order to blend the freshly colored portion at the back in properly?

Bocabear

now if it were cast in metal....
I was just in Barcelona and at the Sagrada Familia shop they had reproductions of the tower spires cast in bronze for just a little more than this resin Walt.... And they were actual art...unlike this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom