News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I really do wonder if this is primer. The beige always fit the building better which is something I usually don't say since it's far from a favorite color. I always felt blue was overused everywhere on and in the pavilion.
Living with the beige is the next pavilion over, it has way too much of it.

castlecake2.0

Thoughts from day at Epcot today:

This construction cannot be finished soon enough, the guest flow in the front of the park is miserable.

World Showcase has been getting lots of paint, is looking good and fresh.

Mexico guest flow is the worst area of the park. The tequila cave is too popular for its own good and something needs to be done to fix the crowding inside. It was dangerous levels today

Cmdr_Crimson

Celebration Hub Central. Note the size of the workers in the landscape...
View attachment 744598
So, Epcot will have a "Eye catching" look..It looks too much like Sauron..
eye-of-sauron-lotr.gif

Now, if the centerpiece is all fiberoptics in the ground and lights up at night that would be impressive..But it really should use the center as a water feature..

aladdin2007

This construction cannot be finished soon enough, the guest flow in the front of the park is miserable.

Mexico guest flow is the worst area of the park. The tequila cave is too popular for its own good and something needs to be done to fix the crowding inside. It was dangerous levels today
That never should have been crammed in there like that,,,,they really don't think first anymore.

castlecake2.0

That never should have been crammed in there like that,,,,they really don't think first anymore.
I remember when they first switched it over, it was a jewelry store previously, and it was a nice “surprise and delight” sorta thing to come across. Then it just kept getting more and more popular and they didn’t adjust the operation to handle it properly. Might be better if they go to virtual walk up list? It’s third party so that probably complicates things. Outside is just as bad now with the constant F&W booth, new margarita stand, as well as the expanded lakefront restaurant taking up more space on the promenade. If it were me I’d make tequila cave go to VQ, remove two of the merch stalls, reopen the merch hut outside, move the band to the area where Donald greets and either remove Donald or put him where the band currently plays. I’d also move kidcot up to the lobby area or put it in the reopened outside merch kiosk.

Disstevefan1

Enhance!

View attachment 744591

Dreamer's
View attachment 744592

Communicore Plaza dance floor in front (or in back of) the stage. Celebration Garden SW.

View attachment 744593

Celebration Garden NW...
View attachment 744594

Celebration Garden NE...
View attachment 744595

Celebration Garden SE...
View attachment 744596

Hub Central. Note the size of the workers in the landscape...
View attachment 744598
Great photos. There is A LOT of work to do here.

A lot of work for very little actual gain other than updated landscaping it seems.

It sure looks like the wall are not coming down in 2023

Bocabear

I wonder if they could expand the Cava De Tequila and add an outside entrance and seating area by reclaiming a little oif the backstage area on the side of the pavilion... and route the entrance along the outside of the pavilion instead of the interior plaza...Could be a win/win especially if the outdoor seating area is covered and nicely themed...

castlecake2.0

I wonder if they could expand the Cava De Tequila and add an outside entrance and seating area by reclaiming a little oif the backstage area on the side of the pavilion... and route the entrance along the outside of the pavilion instead of the interior plaza...Could be a win/win especially if the outdoor seating area is covered and nicely themed...
I’ve seen them do this, possible on NYE, there’s an entrance between the cave and the sit down they were routing people through. Would be a great way to improve flow.

Ayla

Guest flow at the front of the park has been miserable for almost 5 years.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Enhance!

View attachment 744591

Dreamer's
View attachment 744592

Communicore Plaza dance floor in front (or in back of) the stage. Celebration Garden SW.

View attachment 744593

Celebration Garden NW...
View attachment 744594

Celebration Garden NE...
View attachment 744595

Celebration Garden SE...
View attachment 744596

Hub Central. Note the size of the workers in the landscape...
View attachment 744598

Enhance is the only area which I don't know why they closed it with walls. Did they remove something there I don't know what it was before or what it's suppose to become.

Indy_UK

I know it’s all essentially landscaping and should have never taken 5 years but I’m loving what they are doing here.

Grassed hub areas where people can sit like in MK is a nice change, especially from the concrete wasteland that was there before.

I still fail to see that they will have this complete in 10 weeks or so

Disstevefan1

I know it’s all essentially landscaping and should have never taken 5 years but I’m loving what they are doing here.

Grassed hub areas where people can sit like in MK is a nice change, especially from the concrete wasteland that was there before.

I still fail to see that they will have this complete in 10 weeks or so
I guarantee there will still be walls in EPCOT in 2024.

They simply don't care because folks show up anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom