News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

I am hoping it is not The high beam led fluorescent lighting...perhaps it is an addressable RGB fixture that resembles the other from the outside but will be something softer when complete... Though I was frightened when I saw the picture... Surely there is a good lighting designer on this project... They usually get lighting right....

HauntedMansionFLA

Closer look at the design

Attachments

• 577F89E1-2F16-4628-A8F1-E34C63ADFA98.png
    577F89E1-2F16-4628-A8F1-E34C63ADFA98.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 130

IMDREW

Anyone else noticed parts of connections and creations falling apart? Mainly the entrance colored frames. Made from VERY thin wood apparently. I personally do like the new look, but this is bad.

Bocabear

I would guess they’re just referring to all bright white LEDs. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bright white/cool white. It is an ugly light color... It literally kills and drabs color...looks cold and dead. (As a lighting designer, I really hate it) unless it is used for a specific purpose....where someone would want that cold dead joyless light color...
I am often surprised how many people put them in their homes...daylight cold... yuck. There is a more balanced bright white out there. I am assuming that Disney would not be using the cool-white/daylight LED lighting....

Skibum1970

Bright white/cool white. It is an ugly light color... It literally kills and drabs color...looks cold and dead. (As a lighting designer, I really hate it) unless it is used for a specific purpose....where someone would want that cold dead joyless light color...
I am often surprised how many people put them in their homes...daylight cold... yuck. There is a more balanced bright white out there. I am assuming that Disney would not be using the cool-white/daylight LED lighting....
I do not like lights that are higher than 3,500 Kelvin.

James Alucobond

I can go up to 4000k...but no higher... The cooler tones tend to flatten color... And I know it can't just be me, but daylight/cool white lights in recessed lighting almost create a visual haze or distortion around them... Hard to describe...but to my eyes anyway...
I think it might also be a consequence of growing up with incandescent bulbs. I turn everything in my house to the warmest setting possible because the bright white makes me feel like there's a fluorescent flicker even if there's not, but I have some younger friends that just go with bright white for everything. But maybe they just have horrible taste. 🤷‍♂️ I can't even deal with bright white Christmas lights. I need them to be as warm as possible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think it might also be a consequence of growing up with incandescent bulbs. I turn everything in my house to the warmest setting possible because the bright white makes me feel like there's a fluorescent flicker even if there's not, but I have some younger friends that just go with bright white for everything. But maybe they just have horrible taste. 🤷‍♂️ I can't even deal with bright white Christmas lights. I need them to be as warm as possible.
I like the white/blue Christmas lights when they're pretending to be snow or ice, but that's it. Warm everywhere else. And you gotta keep the white and warm far apart from one another. If they're in the same field of view, your brain stops adjusting the hue to 'normal' and you can tell very plainly: "Those are *blue* and those are *orange.*"

dreday3

I like the white/blue Christmas lights when they're pretending to be snow or ice, but that's it. Warm everywhere else. And you gotta keep the white and warm far apart from one another. If they're in the same field of view, your brain stops adjusting the hue to 'normal' and you can tell very plainly: "Those are *blue* and those are *orange.*"

I loathe blue Christmas lights with a fiery passion. And last year our neighborhood was filled with them. I almost went on a rampage ripping them down.

Almost.

(full disclosure, we do have some decor in our place with blue/white lights around the holidays, but that's because my husband is Jewish and those are the (not official) colors of Hanukkah)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom