News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

I thought they were doing a full revamp of paving throughout the remnants of Future World. Seeing the new pavement compared to the old patchwork of yesteryear isn’t great on the eyes.
I think they're supposed to, but it's happening very slowly. It seems like they finally finished repaving the area around the north exit of Connections toward Cosmic Rewind, and I have some hope that they'll work their way backward toward the breezeway now that they're tackling the Mission: SPACE entrance. I'd like them to change up Liquid Layer's coloring as well while they're at it.

Unfortunately, World Nature hasn't been touched at all, but it's also obviously lagging since it still has a lot of signage and kiosks in the old style too. I agree that the new patterning looks way more interesting than the rectangle-after-rectangle approach with the original salmon-colored paving.

tparris

Unfortunately, World Nature hasn't been touched at all, but it's also obviously lagging since it still has a lot of signage and kiosks in the old style too. I agree that the new patterning looks way more interesting than the rectangle-after-rectangle approach with the original salmon-colored paving.
They’ve actually done a slight bit of pavement replacement in World Nature, however it seems temporary if anything. There are some thin rectangular spots that have been replaced, although the replacement pavement is the old style of salmon colored pavement, strangely enough. It’s very haphazard and rough in nature (no pun intended). The weird thing is, there are many spots that desperately need replacing (chipped corners, large chunks missing/loose) but these recently repaved sections were generally fine and could’ve lasted quite a bit longer in the state they were in. I don’t have any pictures right now and I’ll be out of town for about a week, but I’ll try to get some when I get back.

James Alucobond

Yeah, I’ve seen a few of those spots. I think a couple were even over by the bathrooms where they could’ve just expanded what they’re doing over by Communicore Plaza out a bit to encompass the patches. I honestly think it’s just a case of things proceeding as normal because one hand doesn’t talk to the other.

Bocabear

We need the Zach to do a new post and breathlessly gush about the new bespoke concrete paving for World Nature! they could then push the completion date another year out...lol

HauntedMansionFLA

These were put up over night at the festival center

Attachments

• 1B6764A3-D7DA-4035-8301-2DAFC23C6CE8.png
    1B6764A3-D7DA-4035-8301-2DAFC23C6CE8.png
    670.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 71AFD371-B2CB-4B7D-B1D0-B4872883573B.png
    71AFD371-B2CB-4B7D-B1D0-B4872883573B.png
    587.1 KB · Views: 181
  • FD19DCEE-B74F-4504-BC39-231203D7CCBB.png
    FD19DCEE-B74F-4504-BC39-231203D7CCBB.png
    595.5 KB · Views: 186

James Alucobond

Well those are certainly odd.

Anybody have a picture of the ground there from the Monorail? Are they staged there temporarily or secured to the pavement?
I would imagine they’re permanent lighting fixtures. We’ve never seen art of the back half of Communicore Plaza nearer Imagination (the only art cuts off after the first set of planters), but they seem to match the fixtures that will encircle the logo planter at the center of World Celebration.

Fear

I would imagine they’re permanent lighting fixtures. We’ve never seen art of the back half of Communicore Plaza nearer Imagination (the only art cuts off after the first set of planters), but they seem to match the fixtures that will encircle the logo planter at the center of World Celebration.

Probably bolted to these, then?

1686860522632.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom