News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

erasure fan1

What if Mission Space pavilion ended with taking a "Space Cab" (omnimover) over to the Mars Base (WOL Building) ...windows out onto the martian landscape along the way...using newer technology with practical sets and screens combined to make a realistic dimensional diorama...THen in the WOL building, adding another attraction or two,
Because, characters!

GladToBeHear

What if Mission Space pavilion ended with taking a "Space Cab" (omnimover) over to the Mars Base (WOL Building) ...windows out onto the martian landscape along the way...using newer technology with practical sets and screens combined to make a realistic dimensional diorama...THen in the WOL building, adding another attraction or two, restaurant, show etc and finally flesh out the Space pavilion we should have gotten. That could then be the Gateway to the Planets as part of that side of the park...a grander vision, a whole new pavilion to explore that is not based on dated VR games and selfies, but something way more epic. The interior already feels like it could be inside a space port...lean into it....
I've actually mentioned this several times over the years on this forum. I got the idea from the Ideal Buildout blog. M:S would be the trip to a moon/Mars base. Then tunnel over to WOL -- which would be a glass dome lunar base with wall projections, etc. I think it's a great idea. And it would make M:S more of a must-do.

J4546

I think redid test track into a lunar lander type experience would be great but they'd have to enclose all of it and that would be a massive project

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What if Mission Space pavilion ended with taking a "Space Cab" (omnimover) over to the Mars Base (WOL Building) ...windows out onto the martian landscape along the way...using newer technology with practical sets and screens combined to make a realistic dimensional diorama...THen in the WOL building, adding another attraction or two, restaurant, show etc and finally flesh out the Space pavilion we should have gotten. That could then be the Gateway to the Planets as part of that side of the park...a grander vision, a whole new pavilion to explore that is not based on dated VR games and selfies, but something way more epic. The interior already feels like it could be inside a space port...lean into it....

100%

No Name

Why is World Discovery’s color red, but its respective parking lot signs are purple? I think the purple works better, but mostly I think they should’ve stuck to whichever color they picked.

vikescaper

Why is World Discovery’s color red, but its respective parking lot signs are purple? I think the purple works better, but mostly I think they should’ve stuck to whichever color they picked.
The thing that annoys me is that GOTG’s pavilion symbol (as seen on the flag at the main entrance) is red but on the actual pavilion, they use purple. At least show some consistency!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Latest photos from the center of EPCOT

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_50469.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_50474.jpg

Jambo Dad

Dan Deesnee

I have several questions that desperately need answers:

1. When is this Epcot construction thing going to be done?
  2. What on Earth is making it take so long?
  3. What will Disney guests gain, once this opens, that they didn't have when this construction started 18 years (estimated) ago?
  4. How long will the line be to take a selfie with the "Walt Disney the Dreamer statue we had to install because it was already mostly done so Bob Chapek couldn't cancel it and the local Walmart wouldn't purchase it because it didn't bear enough resemblance to Sam Walton"?
  5. Seriously WHY IS THIS "PROJECT" TAKING SO LONG???
Thank you,

Concerned Disney guests

Vinnie Mac

3. What will Disney guests gain, once this opens, that they didn't have when this construction started 18 years (estimated) ago?
  4. How long will the line be to take a selfie with the "Walt Disney the Dreamer statue we had to install because it was already mostly done so Bob Chapek couldn't cancel it and the local Walmart wouldn't purchase it because it didn't bear enough resemblance to Sam Walton"?
Thank you,

Concerned Disney guests
1. Later this year
2. Covid and money (lack of willingness to spend it)
3. Ehhh... More greenery? More walking space too if we're comparing it to 18 months ago
4. Probably gonna be a virtual queue for the selfies
5. (Refer to answer 2)

Jambo Dad

Thank you,

Concerned Disney guests
1. Late 2023
2.pandemic and incompetence, mostly incompetence. And a lack of big picture vision,lack of real imagineers, etc. Also - incompetence.
3. A profound sense of missed opportunities, and a Te Fiti thingy.
4. Not clear - it may be available via individual lightning lane plus plus (TM) in 2024.
5. See above - also feel free to insert other reasons here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom