News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

lazyboy97o

I agree, this was mentioned in the film as well I believe. The difference I believe was the transportation ideas that Walt had with the monorail going in/out of the city, and peoplemover going around within the city. Disneyland was a great testing ground for that type of thing.

A few things that were sticking points: The cast members always being "on stage" even during their off hours if there were tours through the city. Also, the industry area attracting companies but often they don't want to share a lot of their innovations until they're ready for market.
The Garden Cities described by Howard are actually connected by rail. While not part of the Garden City concept, continuously moving transportation was also an idea shown to the world at the World’s Colombian Exposition, the very fair Elias Disney worked on as a carpenter. The idea would pop up over the years as transit proposals and visions of the city.

EPCOT was a big idea in starting fresh and really sticking to some of these ideas. Those various components were not really new ideas. It’s scope and commitment were what really set it apart. Imagineers may have not known and understood the “details” but a variety of architects and urban planners would have been familiar with the ideas. Cities also aren’t built on detailed, specific plans. When you see renderings of big urban developments the buildings you see are not really designed. They couldn’t be built and in most cases are never intended to be built. They’re placeholders to show an idea, a pattern. Even in small projects like a single building, it’s not unusual to have to get planning approvals for designs that are not detailed or near ready for construction.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, there IS less people in there. I guess everyone is happy with their G+ experience! 🤣
Game Over No GIF by CBC

Probably taken early in the morning, before all the complainers and haters lined up to demand refunds for their G+ "experience". ;)

trainplane3

Here are our pictures of the new guest relations lobby.

EPCOT's new guest relations lobby opens in World Celebration featuring the iconic EPCOT five ring logo​

Epcot_Full_47507.jpg
It feels like this dark gray wall on the extreme right is unfinished. Maybe an additional graphic coming later? It's just such a large wall with nothing on it.

Epcot_Full_47506.jpg

Stupido

I feel like each park should have theme specific guest relations costumes. They look great on mainstreet, but these costumes look ridiculous in this space.

bpiper

Is that the same one that is now standing all by itself on the west side of Future World? Are the service stairs underneath that? Yellow circle in this picture: View attachment 640782
From Google Maps, it appears that the stairwell would be behind the wall to the right of the counter. You can't have glass in a stairwell. It would break under the heat of a fire and let smoke in.

1653407949882.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
the previous club cool was so much better and more fun, not to mention bigger and actually themed. This was created like an after thought, shoved into a corner of the old mousegear as part of the new creations, off to the side. pathetic. why they even bothered at all I'll never understand.
You're right, it should be shoved to the side because it never fit the theme of EPCOT anyway, especially "Future World."

Also, IMO, the previous Club Cool looked awful from an interior design point of view. I saw nothing pleasing when I went in there... which is why I stopped going in there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You're right, it should be shoved to the side because it never fit the theme of EPCOT anyway, especially "Future World."

Also, IMO, the previous Club Cool looked awful from an interior design point of view. I saw nothing pleasing when I went in there... which is why I stopped going in there.
I thought it was because your flippers stuck to the floor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom