News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Phicinfan

I would expect World Showcase to then get the same ip treatments, and soon they will wonder why there are even "Countries" in that part of the park....then that theme will also break down and it will eventually just be Magic Kingdom Part Deux... The only thing really in our (EPCOT Center Lovers) favor is the glacial pace at which Disney moves... By the time they get around to any meaningful changes it would be 15 to 20+ years... 2031-2036
So does Epcot and more specifically WS become the "future Worlds fair?" with M&G and rides per the specific lands? If so, do the "lands" go away and we just go IP specific areas?
England - Mary Poppins land
Asia - Mulan land
Mexico - Three amigos or what is the new animation coming out?
Norway is already Frozen land

It would be an extreme change from what Epcot was, but it would be a huge draw if they did that much revamping.

Phicinfan

One more add, timings?

So is the plan to have most of DHS and part of Epcot all torn up in hopes to be ready for the 50th anniversary? Gonna make the next few years really tough to go to WDW and enjoy if so.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow Martin, that was great! I never remember hearing the version with lyrics...it must have been on the speedramp exit portion...but I don't recall it.... I also recognized the theme from your Horizon's tribute video...
If I recall the lyric version played at the your face on tv and exit area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 did you not say you were excited about these plans? So even with this the overall Epcot plans still excite you? Or has that changed in the past two weeks? Or is this all part of the new Epcot you were talking about?

@marni1971, in your opinion will this new direction it seems they are taking kill all of the educational aspects of these rides? Is this the death of "edutainment"? And please at least tell me that SSE is safe. If they ever change that ride to something else I'll be devastated.

I still have some hope. Yes, this is part of the new Epcot I was talking about. EPCOT Center is dead. It was killed by those who created it. No denying that. I see Futureworld becoming a futuristic Magic Kingdom. No castle. A more "tech" feel. Much in the vein of what Test Track 2 did to that pavilion. Out went the orange cones and in came blue neon.

I'm hopeful not all the edutainment will go. But it certainly won't get more academic. And I must stress this isn't a complete, full makeover for half the park. There is more to come, yes, but not everything will change.

P_Radden

Although I would love to see UoE completely updated and modernized rather than IGERED with IP, I don't absolutely hate the idea of GotG replacing it. Lets be honest here, this will no doubt be better that what the pavilion has been for quite some time now.

I would however, hate to see GotG take over WoL pavilion too.. Unless they have some sort of bad super duper awesome ride/attraction planned that would shock and wow all of us, I would rather see the pavilion returned to something related to health/human body.

Last edited:

P_Radden

@marni1971 If you (or any other folks) have actually seen the concept rendering of the Communicore buildings, can you say if the grandeur of the large windows and open spaces will somewhat be reinstated?

Edit: to @WDW1974 and others: With all these changes, will the front half of the park receive a new name?

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Rumor has it that Mission: Space is getting a GOTG overhaul. Here come even more IPs to Epcot. Thanks Bob Iger.

Any thoughts or has anyone else heard anything regarding said rumor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom