News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Officially, it's changed from the barstool festival center building, to a more modest festival center building, to now... a festival area. Presumably replete with kiosks.

Unofficially, insiders have said that the move to an "area" is so as to leave open the possibility of going back to the barstool building if they want.

Nothing has changed from that according to our most reliable resources. Current construction shows no festival building in progress.

_caleb

Officially, it's changed from the barstool festival center building, to a more modest festival center building, to now... a festival area. Presumably replete with kiosks.

Unofficially, insiders have said that the move to an "area" is so as to leave open the possibility of going back to the barstool building if they want.

Nothing has changed from that according to our most reliable resources. Current construction shows no festival building in progress.
I prefer “festival themed land area.”

lazyboy97o

I do wonder why the Festival Center of all things was put on hold. It honestly seemed to be the element most suited to extracting more money from guests with its favorable straight-on rooftop views of Harmonious and covered food and beverage space.
It was also incredibly expensive to design, build and maintain when far cheaper options could also generate revenue. It was a vanity project, not one designed for the best ROI.

UNCgolf

It was also incredibly expensive to design, build and maintain when far cheaper options could also generate revenue. It was a vanity project, not one designed for the best ROI.

I've been under the impression it was an Iger vanity project that Chapek has no interest in.

As you said, they could build something much cheaper that would serve the same purpose.

James Alucobond

Then I do hope for something ultimately more practical but still architecturally significant with a good deal of air conditioned indoor space. Though I've never believed there was a need to eliminate the original building in the first place, the new one felt like the raison d'être for this entire project. If it's just a collection of kiosks, it all feels a bit unmoored.

UNCgolf

Then I do hope for something ultimately more practical but still architecturally significant with a good deal of air conditioned indoor space. Though I've never believed there was a need to eliminate the original building in the first place, the new one felt like the raison d'être for this entire project. If it's just a collection of kiosks, it all feels a bit unmoored.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that as long as Chapek is CEO. From what I understand (via insider hints), he'd consider that (i.e. something architecturally significant) a waste of money when something cheaper could serve the same function.

UNCgolf

I guess I meant appropriately scaled for the space, not visually unique. As long as it feels consistent with the rest of the hub, I'm cool with it. I just don't want a collection of shadeless booths. There's enough of that elsewhere in the park.

I agree that I don't want to have an essentially permanent installation of a collection of booths, but I'm also not sure there is anything consistent about the new hub overall.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

New steel structure emerges on the roof of Connections Cafe and Guest Relations in EPCOT's World Celebration​

Epcot_Full_46437.jpg

James Alucobond

Is this perhaps a permanent enclosure for the air conditioning units? They've had temporary ones connected to the silver ducting in the open portion of the wall for a while. The old ducts to the right of them were marked for demolition as well, I believe.

junglecruise93

All of Epcot is unmoored...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom