News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

castlecake2.0

Finally work begins on the huge festival center 😍
Festival Center:

65E939A9-E8CF-44AC-9F2A-5232028AC49B.jpeg

TikibirdLand

Thank you for correcting that. This is the “green space” where they will have alcohol kiosks. Unless I’m mistaken, the bar on legs is still “paused”, as far as we’re aware.
Like there's not enough drinking areas around WS. Now, we've got to pollute FW with them too? Let's line the sidewalk of FW with food kiosks too. Don't want to miss out on any $$ the foodies want to spend. maybe they'll add alcohol kiosks between the scenes in Spaceship Earth. Then, you can down one when you hear, "You can thank the Phoenicians!"

vikescaper

Like there's not enough drinking areas around WS. Now, we've got to pollute FW with them too? Let's line the sidewalk of FW with food kiosks too. Don't want to miss out on any $$ the foodies want to spend. maybe they'll add alcohol kiosks between the scenes in Spaceship Earth. Then, you can down one when you hear, "You can thank the Phoenicians!"
There have been festival booths in FW for years. May as well increase their numbers.

castlecake2.0

Im all for “festival areas” if it gives these kiosks a better place to be other than blocking a path. They have a few now: beside France, along the rose walk, Germany, and behind Creations. The area by refreshment port/Canada always feels like a cluster now. Maybe this will allow them to spread some booths out. But I also wish once Epcot gets back to not being a construction zone that we could possibly lose a few of the booths altogether.

TikibirdLand

Im all for “festival areas” if it gives these kiosks a better place to be other than blocking a path. They have a few now: beside France, along the rose walk, Germany, and behind Creations. The area by refreshment port/Canada always feels like a cluster now. Maybe this will allow them to spread some booths out. But I also wish once Epcot gets back to not being a construction zone that we could possibly lose a few of the booths altogether.
If only... I think they're looking at adding more booths; the others will be left as-is since they're representing countries. Sounds like the area will be in addition to the Millenium Tent used for food tasting and special events. It's gotten pretty comical how they're pushing these "festivals".

HauntedMansionFLA

Festival center is still on

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You are misremembering things 🤣😂😜🤪
I don’t think so. It’s not in @MisterPenguin ’s rumor tracker. If you can find something solid/reputable to the contrary, that suggests it’s still going to be built, I’m all eyes. You’ve already been told once in this thread that it’s not happening.
You mean the bar with a minuscule exhibit area?

Hopefully it’s still axed.

DoleWhipDrea

After removing the model of the originally-planned bar on legs from the EPCOT Preview Center in late 2020, Disney stated that there will be a "festival area" and that changes were being made to the original plans (and they haven't gone any further into details since.) This is why users are joking that it will be a tent on some grass. Most likely it will just be more permanent festival booths (like what Disney has already built in Future World.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom