News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Jambo Dad

lI do wonder why the Festival Center of all things was put on hold. It honestly seemed to be the element most suited to extracting more money from guests with its favorable straight-on rooftop views of Harmonious and covered food and mmbeverage space.
I actually like the proposed building too - it was audacious and big in scale - something Disney isn’t doing lately except for boxes. My biggest le with it was that it needs to be more than just a giant elevated space - needs to work in a ride or other experience that feeds off the energy.

The other thing that I have thought since I saw the original plan is that the team designing the thing may have had the elevated view in mind when they unleashed the tacos and Stargate. From higher up they wouldn’t block the view of world showcase. They may be that dumb.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

New steel structure emerges on the roof of Connections Cafe and Guest Relations in EPCOT's World Celebration​

Epcot_Full_46437.jpg
Good to see the rooftop burger assembly station is finally taking shape.

DC0703

Officially, it's changed from the barstool festival center building, to a more modest festival center building, to now... a festival area. Presumably replete with kiosks.

Unofficially, insiders have said that the move to an "area" is so as to leave open the possibility of going back to the barstool building if they want.

Nothing has changed from that according to our most reliable resources. Current construction shows no festival building in progress.

If the festival area ends up just being kiosks, it leaves me to wonder exactly what we are going to end up with when the spine is finished. So far, the only clear additions are Creations and Connections, and those could have been achieved by simply revamping one side of Innoventions. They wouldn't have needed to touch anything else.

I'm getting this sinking feeling that, after all the cuts, the whole area will essentially be trees, landscaping and kiosks, which would be a huge downgrade from what was there before.

yensid1967

If the festival area ends up just being kiosks, it leaves me to wonder exactly what we are going to end up with when the spine is finished. So far, the only clear additions are Creations and Connections, and those could have been achieved by simply revamping one side of Innoventions. They wouldn't have needed to touch anything else.

I'm getting this sinking feeling that, after all the cuts, the whole area will essentially be trees, landscaping and kiosks, which would be a huge downgrade from what was there before.
...and seeing what is going in the area of the other building, couldn't they have figured out a less expensive way to create Moana Waterfalls? They could have just revamped the building into FESTIVAL CENTRAL and had room for kiosks in one section, Moana Waterfalls would be a great place to have a picnic area for the kiosks. and would have saved a ton of money, kept the Fountain of Nations. IS Fountain of Nations coming back? I thought I saw it in the renderings but further to World Plaza? It would be a shame for it not to return!

ToTBellHop

I think it already showed up on the right side of this concept art. Looks like a central circular pool with three rectangular pools radiating out around it to facing north.

View attachment 624623
And…Tinker Bell’s Pixie Hollow trees surrounding them? Leaves don’t really get colorful in FL. They just sometimes die and fall off for a few weeks during colder winters.

Why does modern Disney concept art always look like “we don’t really know what we want to do and are committing to nothing”?

James Alucobond

And…Tinker Bell’s Pixie Hollow trees surrounding them? Leaves don’t really get colorful in FL. They just sometimes die and fall off for a few weeks during colder winters.
I guess they could put in some Japanese maples, though I've no idea how well those do in Florida's climate. The lighter yellows and pinks could be taken to be tabebuia in bloom as well. Probably all just artistic license, though. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom