News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Things are moving quite fast now the roof is coming down.

Epcot_Full_40850.jpg

lazyboy97o

For what? Spare parts for when Godzilla breaks some beams in the East building? They're ripping stuff up and putting it in dumpsters, the only thing it'll be recycled for is maybe a raccoon's home in a landfill.
Other things no different than when you put a glass or plastic bottle into the recycling bin. Steel in particular can easily be recycled and most “new” steel today has a high percentage of recycled content in it. Other materials are not as easily remade like steel but can still be put to new uses.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wouldn't a traditional demo have a parade of heavy and giant trucks going to and from the demo site?

How much could they do at night? What kind of damage would such trucks do to the walkways?

Given those restrictions, I don't think it's taking too long.

Surferboy567

I still think, even if the building is being recycled it’s a extremely poor reason for it to be still standing. How long have they been doing this? I know it was going on during my trip a year ago. So, it’s at least a year old. Disney is more then capable of demo’ing a building.

Of course, I am not in construction but the point still stands.

castlecake2.0

So, weird thought. It's taken double the amount of time to tear the west building down than it took to build it originally, and they haven't even started removing structural steel for the northwest quadrant yet.
edit: i was late to the party lol

I think it’s partly due to the fact,as far as I’m aware, that they’re trying to recycle/divert as much as they can from going to landfill. That process takes longer than the traditional bulldoze.

FigmentFan82

Not in theme park vernacular
well WDW's classification of an attraction includes:

Cinderella Castle
Discovery Island Trails
American Heritage Gallery
Bijutsu-kan Gallery
House of Whispering Willows
Kidcot Fun Stops
Marketplace Fun Fountains
Mexico Folk Art Gallery
Stave Church Gallery
Tree of Life

and many other "walk around and look" style destinations

So seems like "attraction" is liberally used in theme park vernacular and will include Journey of Water (in spite of how much of a disappointment many believe it will be"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
well WDW's classification of an attraction includes:

Cinderella Castle
Discovery Island Trails
American Heritage Gallery
Bijutsu-kan Gallery
House of Whispering Willows
Kidcot Fun Stops
Marketplace Fun Fountains
Mexico Folk Art Gallery
Stave Church Gallery
Tree of Life

and many other "walk around and look" style destinations

So seems like "attraction" is liberally used in theme park vernacular and will include Journey of Water (in spite of how much of a disappointment many believe it will be"
To agree with that is to sink to that pitiful level.

dreday3

I agree it's silly, some of the things they list as attractions.

Perhaps they are using the term in it's broadest sense -- are you attracted to it? Will you stop and see it? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom