News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

TikibirdLand

So, weird thought. It's taken double the amount of time to tear the west building down than it took to build it originally, and they haven't even started removing structural steel for the northwest quadrant yet.
guessing that's because they're having to work in an active park. I do wish they'd just "rip the bandaid off" and push it over. So much there I miss. But, it's like watching my memories slowly rot away.

_caleb

So, weird thought. It's taken double the amount of time to tear the west building down than it took to build it originally, and they haven't even started removing structural steel for the northwest quadrant yet.
How long did it take them to tear down the Horizons building? According to this site, seems like around 3 months?

Surferboy567

Regardless of how you feel about these buildings (or single building), it is laughable they haven’t been fully demolished yet. I just want them to start work on the new entrance and get the massive crater in the middle of EPCOT fixed.

It’s not really even about what the buildings where in the past, it just looks bad and that was fine for a few months but now we are starting to get to the point where work should have started a very long time ago. Yes COVID changes everything but something has to be done here.

SonnyEcipse

Attachments

• 1525E768-A8F0-4702-B6EA-E83755EE1D48.jpeg
    1525E768-A8F0-4702-B6EA-E83755EE1D48.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 101

lazyboy97o

guessing that's because they're having to work in an active park. I do wish they'd just "rip the bandaid off" and push it over. So much there I miss. But, it's like watching my memories slowly rot away.

How long did it take them to tear down the Horizons building? According to this site, seems like around 3 months?
The building materials are very likely being recycled. This requires a building to be meticulously disassembled as we have seen. It is not widely done because it takes so much longer than just knocking a building over and tossing most of it into a landfill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom