News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DCBaker

Premium Member
EpAGOMlWEAEcAYP.jpg

Disneyson

I mean, I understand that those buildings were special for many, but I also think that they were mostly vacant and smelled absolutely terrible. I also understand that destroying the buildings in “World Nature” makes sense because, well. Nature. I think the main thing is that I am interested In how the pavilions will reveal themselves when this is completed.

DreamfinderGuy

I also understand that destroying the buildings in “World Nature” makes sense
One building (or half of one depending on how you view the West Innoventions) is being removed on the future World Nature area, and that building isn't even fully in the World Nature plot as far as I understand.

Animaniac93-98

The third problem ironically was technical progress. You can now pull a piece of glass out of your pocket and see all about fossil fuels or learn about the latest hardware.

But your phone can't recreate Scene 17 from World of Motion (the traffic jam). Several pages of Marc Davis: In His Own Words are dedicated to the "Transportation Pavilion", with lovely paintings of the various gags. IPCOT won't even try something like this:

1607827859856.png

Animaniac93-98

Another thing I hate about the "you could just look it up on your phone"...

If people have shown us anything it's that they're far more likely to use their phones to spread conspiracy theories, post cat and **** pics and take videos to shame others. People are too easily distracted to do extensive research on a major topic on their own.

People are far more likely to engage in a subject matter when it's presented in a reassuring, inspirational and impressive environment, surrounded by others sharing that same curiosity. That was the power of EPCOT. It's also why people want to see theater or WDW or exotic destinations in person, even though they can watch 4K videos at home. There's an intangible quality to being there and seeing something in its proper scale and context.

There's a reason why what's left of old EPCOT (Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, The American Adventure) still has appeal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Journey of Water in that location is like putting Tomorrowland's Concourse of Planets just inside the gates of the Animal Kingdom park... It is so fundamentally wrong.. They must be hiding the part of the puzzle that connects it and makes sense out of this location....
The Journey of Water, leading guests on a *journey* to the *Seas* is thematically incongruent?

I can't think of an outdoor attraction that would be more congruent in front the The Seas.

UNCgolf

The Journey of Water, leading guests on a *journey* to the *Seas* is thematically incongruent?

I can't think of an outdoor attraction that would be more congruent in front the The Seas.

While I'm not a huge fan of the Journey of Water plan, I think the Nemo theming at the Seas is more thematically incongruent with the rest of the pavilion and the Journey of Water than the Journey of Water is with the Seas itself.

Journey of Water would make a lot more sense leading to the original Living Seas pavilion design than it does leading to a Finding Nemo ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom