News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedMansionFLA

Not sure using IPs is the easiest or cheaper route. Definitely not for WDI as it comes with restraints on creativity. And the idea they will go back to IP free attraction is unlikely.

People want The Incredibles, Moana, Zootopia, Inside Out etc. in the parks. Look at the buzz for the runaway railroad and Ratatouille.
EPCOT will finally be reaching its potential - too bad it took 40 years @jt04

kevlightyear

Aaaannnyway....

Here's the next version of the map with the SSE West bypass in place.
SSE Bypass.jpeg

They also added the temporary Starbucks and new nearby restrooms as well as the International Gateway with a redone building and security tents.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Aaaannnyway....

Here's the next version of the map with the SSE West bypass in place.
View attachment 443342

They also added the temporary Starbucks and new nearby restrooms as well as the International Gateway with a redone building and security tents.

By "next" you mean the one that's live now and not the one in the code that hasn't been released yet, right? Because it looks like the live one now...

EJ96

I’m still failing to comprehend what Dreamer’s Point will be exactly. It sounds like they’re going to raise the pathway behind SSE? I don’t know

danlb_2000

Premium Member
New to this thread? IMO, the summary:
View attachment 443351
^This image represents changes occurring in EPCOT. These changes receive 2 very different opinions.

View attachment 443354
^ This, versus...

View attachment 443356

View attachment 443357
this^
Either are valid, for it’s one‘s opinion
No need to read 405 pages now, your all caught up!😉

Who Moved My Cheese is a book given out by corporations to their employees to try to convince them that all change is good and should be blindly accepted without resistance.

trainplane3

From over in the RoE thread someone brought up something...
A ton of that original concept art is outdated and not what we're getting (there was no giant festival egg in it, for one!). I don't think it was ever anything more than pie in the sky and not indicative of any actual concrete plans.
Actually, that weird structure in the lower left is probably an early version of the egg. It's roughly the same place, roughly same shape, just not as high in the air. Remember how everyone kept (jokingly) calling it "the dolphin pool"? If someone would've said "festival center" they probably would've been right.

Our insiders kept calling it "something else" everytime someone guessed. Can we maybe get a confirmation if this was an early festival center (or proto-egg)?

epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Not the same angle but comparing its location to the monorail and SSE...
new-world-celebration-epcot-festival-center-the-epcot-experience-3.jpg

world-celebration-epcot-festival-center-concept-art-1.jpg

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m still failing to comprehend what Dreamer’s Point will be exactly. It sounds like they’re going to raise the pathway behind SSE? I don’t know
A path that sounds nice in a press release.

We've gone from Computer Central Backstage Magic Travelport Stargate Energy Exchange Centorium Future Choice Theatre Expo Robotics Sunrise Terrace EPCOT Outreach Futurecom Fountain of Nations

to

Future Feast Future Mart bar M&G fountains.

They need to make a pathway sound glamorous.

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
ETA: Seriously. I feel like they want to beat us up with the Frozen and Beauty & the Beast stuff.
On BATB honestly the lack of imagination makes it so much worse.

At DHS there’s a retelling if the movie, at MK it’s a retelling of the movie and you might act, and at Epcot it’s a retelling if the movie and you might sing.

Be Our Guest was a good addition because it actually is like a cool thing to put in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom