• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

RoysCabin

seascape

Just getting rid of the tombstones and those sunshade things....and planting a few strategic trees would go a long way.

It is still a beautiful park...just being covered by a few pieces of carp.
As an owner of a legacy photo, I don't want them moved. However, if they were moved to DS and added to the back story as the founders of DS, then it would be a great idea. We purchased our photo on our honeymoon and look at it on each of our 4 to 5 trips a year.

tirian

tirian

Was the Hidden Mickey caused by the fountain and the two ponds intentional on WED's part?
The only intentional hidden hub Mickey was at Disney-MGM Studios. But you're not far off. The practice of inserting hidden Mickeys began with Epcot. WDI added them to MK and DL rides in subsequent updates.

HMF

incredible, management should see these because they have no idea how beautiful the park originally was.
I will say aesthetics-wise Epcot will likely be looking MUCH better than now in a few years. The most important part, It's THEME will likely be compromised, maybe beyond repair. Personally I would take lousy aesthetics but a solid theme over great aesthetics with a sub-par theme.

tirian

The ever-useful Passport to Dreams blog did a nice beginning look at that a number of years ago: the shift from the more "sterile" (not meant in a bad way) Modernism of the 80s into the bright, attention-grabbing colors of the Postmodern 90s aesthetic. http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2007/11/epcots-modern-aesthetic.html
Thanks for this link! It's a thoughtful, balanced, well written blog post about Disney theme parks.

It's nice to know those still exist.

Top Bottom