News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IMG_7629.PNG
IMG_7630.PNG
IMG_7632.jpg
IMG_7633.PNG
IMG_7634.jpg

seascape

Just getting rid of the tombstones and those sunshade things....and planting a few strategic trees would go a long way.

It is still a beautiful park...just being covered by a few pieces of carp.
As an owner of a legacy photo, I don't want them moved. However, if they were moved to DS and added to the back story as the founders of DS, then it would be a great idea. We purchased our photo on our honeymoon and look at it on each of our 4 to 5 trips a year.

tirian

HMF

incredible, management should see these because they have no idea how beautiful the park originally was.
I will say aesthetics-wise Epcot will likely be looking MUCH better than now in a few years. The most important part, It's THEME will likely be compromised, maybe beyond repair. Personally I would take lousy aesthetics but a solid theme over great aesthetics with a sub-par theme.

tirian

The ever-useful Passport to Dreams blog did a nice beginning look at that a number of years ago: the shift from the more "sterile" (not meant in a bad way) Modernism of the 80s into the bright, attention-grabbing colors of the Postmodern 90s aesthetic. http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2007/11/epcots-modern-aesthetic.html

Thanks for this link! It's a thoughtful, balanced, well written blog post about Disney theme parks.

It's nice to know those still exist.

Bocabear

As an owner of a legacy photo, I don't want them moved. However, if they were moved to DS and added to the back story as the founders of DS, then it would be a great idea. We purchased our photo on our honeymoon and look at it on each of our 4 to 5 trips a year.
Why can't they move them to the walkway from the bus loop to the entrance...Along the path there are lovelty trees these could be tucked into...and you could still look at your photo...

Bocabear

The only water left in the Communicore Hub is the Fountain Of Nations...which now seems way too big for the space with it's expanded stage and ramps. The fountain technology is also now out of date.. If they re-scaled this fountain and added newer technologuy they could open up the bottle neck here and make it feel a little more grand...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom