"Big" Apple announcement may involve Disney

Next Big Thing

you're assuming everyone would have an iPhone - that's certainly not the case, especially outside the US
No i'm not. The fact that it's going to iphones means it will become mainstream and most smart phones will have this capability within the next year. Still doesn't mean everyone will even have a smart phone at all, but it makes the magic band element less and less necessary. Right now, there's really not much that's necessary about the bands that couldn't be don by just having cards for those that don't have compatible phones.

BrerJon

No i'm not. The fact that it's going to iphones means it will become mainstream and most smart phones will have this capability within the next year. Still doesn't mean everyone will even have a smart phone at all, but it makes the magic band element less and less necessary. Right now, there's really not much that's necessary about the bands that couldn't be don by just having cards for those that don't have compatible phones.

Most smartphones already have the capability, it's only iPhones that have been dragging their feet.

G00fyDad

I know. What I mean is iphones doing it now will make it mainstream.

That statement alone is what drives me crazy about iCrap users. "What you have is nothing until Apple makes it. Apple is life altering." Its almost as if until Apple does something then no one has bothered with it before, or previous versions don't matter. Maybe you didn't mean that as condescending as it sounded, but that's okay. As I tell my hipster cousin who cannot take a breath unless it is in the presence of his revered iPhone 5S, I'll keep my Samsung that has an interchangeable battery, bigger screen, faster startup, more features, easier to root, and smokes the iPhone in every way.

lazyboy97o

That statement alone is what drives me crazy about iCrap users. "What you have is nothing until Apple makes it. Apple is life altering." Its almost as if until Apple does something then no one has bothered with it before, or previous versions don't matter. Maybe you didn't mean that as condescending as it sounded, but that's okay. As I tell my hipster cousin who cannot take a breath unless it is in the presence of his revered iPhone 5S, I'll keep my Samsung that has an interchangeable battery, bigger screen, faster startup, more features, easier to root, and smokes the iPhone in every way.
Did Google, Microsoft, Blackberry, Samsung, or anybody else work out deals to get merchants to more widely install NFC terminals? Widespread awareness is not just about having this or that feature.

G00fyDad

Did Google, Microsoft, Blackberry, Samsung, or anybody else work out deals to get merchants to more widely install NFC terminals? Widespread awareness is not just about having this or that feature.

Look,I was not trying to start an argument. Don't go looking for one. It just would be nice, for once, not seeing or hearing someone with an iPhone talk about how Apple is the savior of all mankind on a nearly constant basis. Then when they get told that their phone is not as "wonderful" as they think they get all butt hurt and start saying pointing out the good that Apple is trying to do. Every person I see with an iPhone does this. My previous CO would do the same thing. And we'd hear him (loudly) in his office (so everyone could hear) talking to Siri and asking her to tell him jokes. It was kind of sad really.

Yes, they make cute gadgets. I love how colorful this was. :cautious:
imac-medres.jpg

lazyboy97o

Look,I was not trying to start an argument. Don't go looking for one. It just would be nice, for once, not seeing or hearing someone with an iPhone talk about how Apple is the savior of all mankind on a nearly constant basis. Then when they get told that their phone is not as "wonderful" as they think they get all butt hurt and start saying pointing out the good that Apple is trying to do. Every person I see with an iPhone does this. My previous CO would do the same thing. And we'd hear him (loudly) in his office (so everyone could hear) talking to Siri and asking her to tell him jokes. It was kind of sad really.

View attachment 65223
You're arguing with people and points that are not here.

FutureCEO

View attachment 65223

The only thing Apple is better than everyone else at is the MAC and even then that is touchy because the whole price thing. Which is the main reason why MAC sales stay down

Next Big Thing

I'm not even an iphone user. I'm just saying it like it is. Apple doing ANYTHING makes it mainstream.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
My 2 cents on today's announcements...

I think the new iPhones are evolutionary, not revolutionary. They are playing catch up with the Galaxy, which had the features Apple is now introducing. This is not a bad thing, since now these features will be done "Apple style" and will be accepted by the mainstream. I was hoping that it would include the 3D proximity sensor developed by Prime Sense, a company Apple had purchased a few months ago for $400 million. If it included that technology, then this product would have been revolutionary. I assume now it will have to wait for the iPhone 6S this time next year. I should have known, since the "S" versions of their phones have always included acquired technologies. For example, the 4S introduced SIRI and the 5S introduced the fingerprint reader from Authentech. Both SIRI and Authentech were acquired several months before the "S" versions of the 4 and 5 by Apple for $400 million. By the way, Prime Sense makes the Xbox Kinect sensor.

The Apple Watch, on the other hand, is a truly revolutionary product.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom