"Big" Apple announcement may involve Disney

PrincessNelly_NJ

Swappable batteries are pretty awesome too. I can charge mine while using my phone and not have some thick battery case or a cord plugged in while I use it. That for me was the biggest selling point of the galaxy.
I'm indifferent about that. I'M INDIFFERENT ABOUT EVERYTHING. LOL :hilarious:
That used to be a big reason I stuck with Galaxy phones. Had Samsung phones for 7 years in a row. But I jumped ship to the Moto X and have never looked back. I lost the sd card and removable battery but I get better battery life than my Galaxy ever gave me.

I would say that a year or two from now when the battery is less efficient that I may miss that feature though.

Beholder

I agree with this, some people take things a little too far. I consider myself an Apple fan. I have been using their products long enough to hear the criticism change from they only serve a small niche market and you shouldn't use them because not enough people will make software for their products to everyone has Apple products and you are only using them to be like everyone else. Kind of funny how things have changed so drastically and the one consistent thing is that people want to criticize Apple and it's fans. For me the one and primary consistent thing that makes me a fan is the quality of the products. Over the years they have put out a few things I wasn't too fond off but for the vast majority they hit the nail on the head for what I wanted and was looking for. I won't however blindly follow if they start producing products that don't meet my needs.

Sometimes it's that very criticism that creates the "cult" following even more so. That feeling like the rest of world just doesn't get it. Rocky Horror Picture Show is great example. Personally, I don't "see" it, but to others, it's this great message intended for those who have the ability to understand. And that right there is enough for some people. Like others have stated before, I'm all about the personal experience, what works for me. I started with a 2nd gen iPod and now use an iPhone. I don't know specs from shinola, but it does as advertised, and that's good enough for me.

I like the security aspects of this Near Field tech, at least as I understand it, and sounds like it could be a better way of doing things. And weather or not it's bleeding edge type stuff, I'm still encouraged that Disney is still doing things to stay relevant in regards to technology. Despite the fact it's not with new attractions. :(

lazyboy97o

Everything you are saying is correct, but you do have to admit that Apple has a substantial cult following that falls in love with any and every product they put out no matter how good or bad it actually is.
That rather large and devoted base is why Apple is the company that can get something that wasn't new into greater usage.

complaints about not working with lefties
Those are people who just like the complain. The Apple Watch can be flipped "upside down" for right hand wear.

Swappable batteries are pretty awesome too. I can charge mine while using my phone and not have some thick battery case or a cord plugged in while I use it. That for me was the biggest selling point of the galaxy.
Most phones before the iPhone had a swappable battery. It just doesn't seem to be that big of an issue to most people. There are also some rather small battery cases that offer up that extra charge without having to bother with swapping the battery.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Those are people who just like the complain. The Apple Watch can be flipped "upside down" for right hand wear.

I think that came from the "demo mode only" hands on many people were given after the press event. Apparently when questioned, Apple said the inverted watch is something that is set when you first start up the watch. So no one knew it could be done.

s8film40

As far as flash, I'm not sure what you mean by "the phone industry as a whole really benefited in the end for Apple being able to stick to that" :confused:
But androids no longer support flash either.. Do windows devices?

Flash is very bad software with lots of problems, in the mobile format it's an issue because it uses the processor heavily and in turn drains the battery faster. Apple never adopted using it in their phones for this reason. Android and some others did simply so they could use it as a selling point for their phones (iPhone can't do Flash but our phone does). Because of Apple's large market share the content providers had to adapt and now flash is very infrequently used. While others used this as an edge over Apple if Apple hadn't stuck to this and caved to the pressure the battery issue would be far worse today for all phones.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Flash is very bad software with lots of problems, in the mobile format it's an issue because it uses the processor heavily and in turn drains the battery faster. Apple never adopted using it in their phones for this reason. Android and some others did simply so they could use it as a selling point for their phones (iPhone can't do Flash but our phone does). Because of Apple's large market share the content providers had to adapt and now flash is very infrequently used. While others used this as an edge over Apple if Apple hadn't stuck to this and caved to the pressure the battery issue would be far worse today for all phones.
It helps that Adobe abondoned mobile flash development for html5. I think their las flag mobile effort is to creat a tool to convert flash to HTML

Voxel

President of Progress City
Exactly, they finally had to just give up. They fought it pretty hard and there's no way they would have given up on Flash if not for Apple.
Exactly. It didn't help that most developers migrated to HTML for ease of use (more free tools) or webgl(which is gettin more impressive)

PeterAlt

Original Poster
You're probably right on that. I'm not one to dwell on revolutionary things as far as mobile devices & accessories go. I put a great focus on user experience. So I'm sure you are right.

I tend to look at things and admire the new tech behind it but question whether it's useful more than anything.

Like Samsung's use of eye tracking and the new curved display on the Note Edge...o_O it's different but um... functional? not sold yet :hilarious:
Exactly. And that's exactly why Apple waits on some tech before including it. They want their software to take full advantage. Sometimes they even include a technology secretly and never announce it as part of their specs until one day there's a software update enabling it. They did this with the iPod Touch and Apple TV. One day, after a software update, they informed iPod Touch and Apple TV owners (on two separate occasions), "Oh, by the way, your iPod Touch/Apple TV has Bluetooth. The latest software update allows you to use Bluetooth keyboards, game controllers, headsets, (and so on)." There is a lot of secret hardware embedded in the A processor series that they aren't telling us about!

FutureCEO

Cult of Disney
Cult of Skaro
Cult of Wally World
Cult of Target

I agree Apple fans are insane. It's like One Direction fans. But a company can have cultish follows to the point where it's their way or the highway or I'm right and your wrong just because I have a driod and you have an apple.

Edit: I edited this post at least five times before it came out right. My trackpad is going insane on me.

Last edited:

bhg469

I'm indifferent about that. I'M INDIFFERENT ABOUT EVERYTHING. LOL :hilarious:
That used to be a big reason I stuck with Galaxy phones. Had Samsung phones for 7 years in a row. But I jumped ship to the Moto X and have never looked back. I lost the sd card and removable battery but I get better battery life than my Galaxy ever gave me.

I would say that a year or two from now when the battery is less efficient that I may miss that feature though.
For work I often am on the phone for hours at a time and it is usually in the large open areas of professional sports arenas or baseball stadiums. Plugging in is not an option for me so it is still a must, otherwise yes, I would have a moto x in a heartbeat.

The only feature of a smart watch I think would be neat is using it for a tv remote which the samsung one does, or a camera occasionally. Other than that it is a fad. The pebble was really the first smart watch people went nuts over, at the end of the day it is still a little gimmickey.

ABQ

Cult of Disney
Cult of Skaro
Cult of Wally World
Cult of Target

I agree Apple fans are insane. It's like One Direction fans. But a company can have cultish follows to the point where it's their way or the highway or I'm right and your wrong just because I have a driod and you have an apple.

Edit: I edited this post at least five times before it came out right. My trackpad is going insane on me.
I love the odd way in which Disney is tight with Apple yet pulls in a little money from Droid as well: Example from a Verizon page

©2014 Verizon Wireless. Add'l charges and conditions apply for apps. Coverage not available everywhere. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. and its related companies

bhg469

I love the odd way in which Disney is tight with Apple yet pulls in a little money from Droid as well: Example from a Verizon page

©2014 Verizon Wireless. Add'l charges and conditions apply for apps. Coverage not available everywhere. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. and its related companies
There was a limited edition r2d2 android phone at one point as well.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Well it is true. :hilarious: Now that Apple is doing it, it will blow up. Apple will take the credit for contactless payment becoming popular. Apple tends to have that affect on things.
NO, Apple will NOT take credit for it. The idiots on the internet will say that, but Apple NEVER will.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean for this to sound harsh, it just gets tiring when things are reported that Apple never talks about. Only the stupid fanbois. Yes, I own an iPhone, but I don't preach at the alter of Apple like some people do. I have a Windows laptop, and won't be switching to a Mac. Oh, and I will be getting the 6 (6+ is too big) for many reasons.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
The reports that I've seen state otherwise:

"Android’s share of the US market rose 11.4 percentage points year-on-year to 62.9 per cent, while iOS fell by almost exactly the same amount, 11.8 percentage points."

View attachment 65194
Just means that you can make numbers look any way you want. Which pretty much means they are all useless!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom