Big Animal Kingdom E-ride

BAM

Original Poster
Screamscape has posted an interesting new rumor for Animal Kingdom.

2004 / 2005 - Forbidden Mountain - (6/26/02) While this may be another big nail in Beastly Kingdom’s coffin, Screamscape has just heard a major rumor that may form into a press release in the near future. We don’t know much at this point, but it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of a Magic Kingdom park. To be more specific, it sounds like this ride will be plopped down somewhere in the Asia area of the park and sounds as if it will be a heavily themed Mine Train coaster ride in and out of a giant mountain. We were also told that it sounds as if this ride may even have two individual but unique track layouts interwoven with each other, much like the famous Matterhorn at Disneyland. If anyone knows more, please let us know!

I don't know how this sounds to rest of you, but I would still much rather prefer seeing Beastly Kingdom over this. Dragons just sound so much cooler than a mine train. I mean we already have a mine train coaster...Thunder Mountain.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Looks like someone at screamscape just heard of the excavator for the first time.

What would a mine train have to do with Asia? Granted, there are mines and trains there, but they have those everywhere. If it goes in, it will be in Dino-Land.

bearboysnc

Eisners says....

Put the Eticket rides on the far edges of the park so people have to walk past all the merchandise locations!

hallowboy11

:brick: :brick:

If this rumor is true... SOOOO many Disney fans will be steaming!! I don't know about you, but I have been anxiously waiting for Beastly Kingdom since before Animal Kingdom opened. WHY ON EARTH would they build another stupid MINE COASTER, when fans have been waiting and asking for Beastly Kingdom for soooooooooo long??!

Ugh... I am losing more and more faith in the MouseHouse. grumblestupidDinoLandUSAgrumble.

pheneix

>>>but it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of a Magic Kingdom park<<<

Uh, Mysterious Island? Grizzly Peak? What, they're not mountains?!? They sure as hell fooled me. Since Screamscape has managed to screw up such a basic piece of information, you really have to wonder if the rest of the update has any merit at all.

They're turning into Thrill Ride more and more with every update.

hallowboy11

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>but it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of a Magic Kingdom park<<<

Uh, Mysterious Island? Grizzly Peak? What, they're not mountains?!? They sure as hell fooled me. Since Screamscape has managed to screw up such a basic piece of information, you really have to wonder if the rest of the update has any merit at all.

They're turning into Thrill Ride more and more with every update.

He's talking about Walt Disney World in FLORIDA!!!! I don't believe there's any other mountain in WALT DISNEY WORLD. Let the pretentiousness fall...

pheneix

>>>He's talking about Walt Disney World in FLORIDA!!!!<<<

No, he's not. If he were talking about WDW, then he would have said "it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of the Magic Kingdom." Instead, he said, "it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of a Magic Kingdom park." He was talking about all of Disney's parks in that statement.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>He's talking about Walt Disney World in FLORIDA!!!!<<<

No, he's not. If he were talking about WDW, then he would have said "it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of the Magic Kingdom." Instead, he said, "it seems that this will be the first “Mountain” attraction outside of a Magic Kingdom park." He was talking about all of Disney's parks in that statement.

He was talking about the Magic Kingdom park... duh... meaning that there are no other "mountain" coasters/attractions in MGM, Epcot, or the Animal Kingdom, only in the Magic Kingdom... :hammer:

mattjs

Actually Screamscape has a comepletely seperate rumor page for Disneyland so I would say information on the the WDW page is clearly intended to refer to WDW only.

I still find this one a little confusing though. Particularly given the implication that a press release is in the works. Unless they're announcing both?!? Sure seems like some kind of major AK announcement is coming soon though.

ToTBellHop

Just a thought...but Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom took place in Asia and had that kewl mine ride at the end that everyone wanted to see turn into a coaster when the movie came out in the 80s. Perhaps a tie-in? It could even tie-in with the upcoming Indy movie...I'm not sure where that one is set. However, I agree with most of you that Screamscape is generally wrong...however, with the press release comment...THAT is interesting...I mean, I had been predicting all along that soon after Dino-Rama opened, we'd get the big press release for Animal Kingdom...and, interestingly enough, there is a massive cleared area behind Asia. I suppose anything is possible at this point.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by disneychamp
I think Animal Kingdom can use BOTH Beastly Kingdom and an E-ticket in Asia...but that's just me.

I agree...I believe that every land in every park should have an E-ride... (with the exception of Liberty Square and Mickey's ToonTown)

Sketch105

Screamscape has never been the most reliable website for rumors.

This could be another Bald Mountain/Villian Mountain/Fire Mountain that may never come true.

All signs point to Beastly Kingdom

Attachments

• griffindragon.jpg
    griffindragon.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 252

WDWFREAK53

I realize where the second pic was taken...but where did you take the first one??? Is it a fence around the rumored BK site?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom