Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique Tips

Am i the only one that thinks the BBB is horrible? Why do you want your little girls putting on tons of make up like that? Whenever i see those kids i feel so bad they always look like mimi from the drew carey show...

i have nothing wrong with kids dressing up and going to the parks, but the hair and make up is just ridiculious.

Disney05

My daughter had it done 2 years ago when she was 5. She loved it. We just had the hair and makeup done. Turned out beautiful. And the location was good, my son and I walked around The World of Disney and shopped while my wife and daughter did their thing. My daughter got lots of compliments from cm's in the various parades. As they walked by they would see her and tell her how nice she looked. She loved that! She would not let us wash her hair till the next day. I guess there was so much hair spary in it, it still looked good!

ThinkTink721

Whats a good time to do it so you can see the princess afterwards? And where can you find the princess at?
My daughter's BBB appt. was at 9:00am at the castle.
It took about an hr.
It was a wonderful experience!
It was very hot when we were at WDW, so I dressed her in a comfortable cotton dress & saved her Cinderella dress that we brought from home for the evening of the 1900 Park Fare dinner when it was cooler.

They didn't use too much make-up, which was very nice.
It was very subtle.
My daughter loved the hair so much that she had me use the hairpiece & accessories when she dressed up as Cinderella for Halloween.

You can see the princesses at Toontown which is to the east of Fantasyland.
We visited Cinderella, Belle & Aurora there last year.
We saw these plus Snow White & Jasmine at CRT.
You can also see the princesses at the WS in Epcot (we saw Belle, Aurora, Snow White & Jasmine).
I believe Snow White can sometimes be found near the entrance of the MK.

:wave:

Gorjus

Original Poster
Am i the only one that thinks the BBB is horrible? Why do you want your little girls putting on tons of make up like that? Whenever i see those kids i feel so bad they always look like mimi from the drew carey show...

i have nothing wrong with kids dressing up and going to the parks, but the hair and make up is just ridiculious.

Apparently you haven't been looking at the girls from the BBB because the make up is VERY subtle. In no way is it garish. The hair on the other hand is a bit over the top, but that is the fun. It is less about how they look than it is about the experience. There is a whole storyline that goes with the process.

Captain Hank

When I took Traditions, Bibbity Bobbity Boutique was still very new, and as part of the class, one of the leaders gave a basic overview of it. Afterwards, he told us about one day when he was walking past World of Disney. A family was just leaving the BBB area, with the youngest girl in the full hair/makeup/nails/dress/etc. The parents were all excited, and then one exclaimed: "Why don't we all go back to the hotel, and go swimming!" :brick: There's $50 (or more) down the drain...literally.

Laura

Premium Member
Apparently you haven't been looking at the girls from the BBB because the make up is VERY subtle. In no way is it garish. The hair on the other hand is a bit over the top, but that is the fun. It is less about how they look than it is about the experience. There is a whole storyline that goes with the process.

I've never done BBB and don't plan to because my daughter hates having her hair messed with, but I thought I'd read before that the "pop princess" style had a lot of makeup?

santa's surpriz

I've never done BBB and don't plan to because my daughter hates having her hair messed with, but I thought I'd read before that the "pop princess" style had a lot of makeup?

I believe the make-up is the same, the pop princess hair extension is colorful and spikey. I remember seeing some adorable girls with it while at BBB in December.

For the most part all they do is coat her hair with a water soluable gel and comb it into a tight ponytail. The hair extensions are attached to the ponytails w. 2 hairpins. The fairy godmothers are extremely gentle.

I do not know how or why but it will stay in for days. My daughter has chin length hair and she suddenly transformed into a what she considers a beautiful princess with Rapunzel's hair. My daughter kept hers in for 4 days.

Gorjus

Original Poster
A family was just leaving the BBB area, with the youngest girl in the full hair/makeup/nails/dress/etc. The parents were all excited, and then one exclaimed: "Why don't we all go back to the hotel, and go swimming!" :brick: There's $50 (or more) down the drain...literally.

Actually, if it was hair makeup, dress, etc., that was $200 down the drain. Now they may have bought the dress before hand and just paid for the hair, makeup, nails, but your point is correct. I even see them playing in Ariel's water play area right after leaving BBB. Wow, if you've got that much money to toss around.>.....>

No, make up is the same no matter which style you have done.

Can anyone tell me what's involved with the cool dude treatment. Is it worth it for DS4?

If the hair is short enough, it is spiked first. If not, it is slightly gelled. Then for both types of hair, it is painted subtly; more subtly than the barbershop does it. Then hair spray is added to help the Mickey pixie dust stick. Then of course regular pixie dust is added. It only takes 10 minutes to do, so you aren't asking the boys to sit through a lot. Also, the storyline changes. We talk about pirates or other characters.

Mad Stitch

It could take up to a full day!? Wow! Why would you want to do that at MK, seems like a waste of the park ticket. Go to DtD and do it. Although it is probably more magical to be in the MK once their done.

Dink5582

My niece will be 9 almost 10 when we go in September, do you think this is too old or will she still enjoy it as much?

Thanks

Rob
x

baz212

If the hair is short enough, it is spiked first. If not, it is slightly gelled. Then for both types of hair, it is painted subtly; more subtly than the barbershop does it. Then hair spray is added to help the Mickey pixie dust stick. Then of course regular pixie dust is added. It only takes 10 minutes to do, so you aren't asking the boys to sit through a lot. Also, the storyline changes. We talk about pirates or other characters.
Thanks. Do you know how much it costs?

joelleharbert

I would also agree with all of these tips, as well; however, we were one of those parents who lied about our daughter's age (she was four months shy of being 3 when we took her), but she did great! Now I'm not advocating that everyone lie about their daughter's age, but she always sat still for me at home when I would do her hair and I knew we would have no problem whatsoever with her at BBB. And we didn't. So, my advice is this. If you have an even-keeled older 2-year-old, I would recommend it. Otherwise, Gorjus is absolutely correct. Just wait until they get older. Otherwise, your little princess may come across as more Cruella DeVil than Cinderella. :fork:

tayakaleb

My daughter has very short hair. It's not cut short just hasn't grown to long b/c it's VERY curly. Can they still make her hair look the same?

Gorjus

Original Poster
My niece will be 9 almost 10 when we go in September, do you think this is too old or will she still enjoy it as much?

Not too old. If she will enjoy it, do it. If she will think it is lame, don't. Lots of 9 year olds want to do it and then when they get there, they act all cool as if someone made them do it and they think the whole thing is lame. Being in 4th grade is all about putting on a show.

Thanks. Do you know how much it costs?

I'm not certain, but I think the cool dude is only $10 or $15.

My daughter has very short hair. It's not cut short just hasn't grown to long b/c it's VERY curly. Can they still make her hair look the same?

A little girl with short curly hair came in the other day. They pulled the top part up in a bun and left the bottom down. The girl got a fairytale princess hairstyle (all in a bun...or what you can get in a bun). Another girl came in with real short hair. The put what they could from the top in a bun and attached the hair piece for the Disney Diva look. At the end, you didn't know she had short hair. She looked beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom