News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

eddie104

The target is 14 acres of new guest space.
That’s actually a good chunk of space and like someone said earlier it’s what they do with it that counts.

Then again this target can change in scope as well over the next couple of years as they design this project.

Delta-7

I personally am not sure they would give access to the new land via a path between the railroad and the BTM backstage area, although I originally thought that was the only option other than a path by the Haunted Mansion. Perhaps it could be more like this? (unfortunately this scenario might affect Fort Langhorne).

Attachments

• Beyond Big Thunder.png
    Beyond Big Thunder.png
    825.6 KB · Views: 109

Rich Brownn

I actually disagree. We were there recently and I commented to my wife that if MK was built today they never would have dug Bay Lake. Too expensive, no reason for it and shareholders would lose their $%!$. They would pave over it. I love the boats and monorail. It makes me feel like I am going to a totally different dimension in a way. We love the separatedness of it
There was another reason for the lake -- the dirt was use to bury the utilidoor underneath the MK

peter11435

I actually disagree. We were there recently and I commented to my wife that if MK was built today they never would have dug Bay Lake. Too expensive, no reason for it and shareholders would lose their $%!$. They would pave over it. I love the boats and monorail. It makes me feel like I am going to a totally different dimension in a way. We love the separatedness of it
I think it’s possible they would build a (probably smaller) lake, as they have done at other properties and hotels around the world. But there is zero chance they would not have parking facilities directly connected to the park.

Rich Brownn

Yes I know. I guess I question the entire thing. I have no faith today's Disney would even build the utilities. I know why Walt built them but today's company is, in many ways, in a different philosophical universe than Walt.
Er, Walt didn't build them. Roy did. And it did create some issues which is why the only did a ring on Epcot, and no others.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
We're looking at a maximum expansion area of 14 acres. It's big, but it's not THAT big.

We'll get a nice, multi-land(ish) expansion, added ride capacity, and enough juice to kickstart marketing. That's it.
Is this just for phase one (which you've called happening) AND phase two (maybe happening in the future, aka villians, etc) or just phase one? I'm guessing the whole shebang.

Bocabear

Is this just for phase one (which you've called happening) AND phase two (maybe happening in the future, aka villians, etc) or just phase one? I'm guessing the whole shebang.
Phase 2 never happens....if it did the parks would be much more developed than they currently are, the monorail would be connecting all of the hotels and Disney Springs, there would be 2 more resorts on the MK Monorail loop etc.... Never count on a phase 2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom