News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

PREMiERdrum

I really can’t stand modern Disney plopping down IP wherever they want with no thought on the future.
To each their own.

While I don't love the precise location of Journey of Water, it's a perfect fit for EPCOT.

And if it happens as proposed, Moana's ride is a perfect fit for Adventureland. At least she's not taking over the Tiki Room. Anymore.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I’m having trouble squaring the notion that a Villains Land is too terrifying for children, but a Coco ride where you fly over the Land of the Dead / experience the Day of the Dead is somehow less frightening or terrifying.
They could do villains land without terrifying kids, if they wanted to. No one is asking for Halloween Horror Nights type terror. Or even Alien Encounter terror...

doctornick

To each their own.

While I don't love the precise location of Journey of Water, it's a perfect fit for EPCOT.

And if it happens as proposed, Moana's ride is a perfect fit for Adventureland. At least she's not taking over the Tiki Room. Anymore.

Exactly this. Two completely different attractions and (likely, since we don't know that much about the theoretical ride) both would fit their lands. JoW wouldn't really make any sense in Adventureland and the Moana theming there isn't overwhelming anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of using a property in multiple locations - mainly because I'd rather see a variety of IPs used over repeating - but this seems like one of the more sensible and least egregious examples. Not nearly as bad as (say) Little Mermaid in both MK and DHS or BatB in Epcot and MK and DHS or Toy Story being used in DHS and MK.

Splashin' Ryan

So..... as has been "revealed" on a certain YouTube channel with the initials MV, Radiator Springs racers is to be placed beyond Big Thunder. If true this seems like a completely misguided placement for an attraction that also negates the possibility of a full cars land elsewhere at WDW and a maintenance and downtime nightmare as has been at DCA

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
So..... as has been "revealed" on a certain YouTube channel with the initials MV, Radiator Springs racers is to be placed beyond Big Thunder. If true this seems like a completely misguided placement for an attraction that also negates the possibility of a full cars land elsewhere at WDW and a maintenance and downtime nightmare as has been at DCA
I don't trust any of Brayden's "insider information." Most of it hasn't turned out to be true, and what was true turned out very different from what he claimed.

Phicinfan

If that happens it will be quite frustrating that we have a Moana Adventureland style walk through at Epcot.

I really can’t stand modern Disney plopping down IP wherever they want with no thought on the future.
I don't believe it will be a walk through, it will be by some rumors a water ride, potentially shanghai technology

Phicinfan

First I agree I don't want Radiator Springs in MK. However, the rock work does fit BTMRR rock work and that of the great west. So there is some optics there.

What I don't get is how you go from BTMRR to Coco to Cars - and make that all thematically work.

First I agree I don't want Radiator Springs in MK. However, the rock work does fit BTMRR rock work and that of the great west. So there is some optics there.

What I don't get is how you go from BTMRR to Coco to Cars - and make that all thematically work.
If his rumors are true then Coco isn’t part of BBT. His rumors say it’s Radiator Springs Racers and a Woody attraction in a dessert themed land and then villains gets most of the BBT space.

Haymarket2008

Radiator Springs (and the Cars franchise) is an awful fit for Magic Kingdom.

The whole Beyond Big Thunder project is extremely worrying for a lot of reasons. The potential is high for really great things, but there's so much that could go wrong.

DisneyDodo

Ever since it became apparent that Coco would be used in Tropical Americas, my money has been on Cars going next to BTMR (though I would have expected them to go full Cars Land rather than just RSR as an extension to Frontierland).

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member

It will butt up nicely again Coco thematically. Keep in mind that it's just the attraction not an entire Carsland.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
If his rumors are true then Coco isn’t part of BBT. His rumors say it’s Radiator Springs Racers and a Woody attraction in a dessert themed area and then villains gets most of the BBT space.
I really hope this isn't true (it probably isn't). If it is and their idea is to copy a 12 year old attraction and add a woody attraction when they already have an entire land for it in a park that needs expansion way more than MK. All while getting rid of the rivers of america. I honestly think at this point that Brayden's "sources" are just old rumours on these forums and rehashed. Also to me it seems unlikely that they would get rid of the rivers of america, I think he's getting confused between the idea of shortening it and getting rid of it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
to be fair the pink castle was true, along with the mary Poppins epcot attraction and epcot show news. I wouldn't necessarily say its his fault some of it got cancelled. I don't think anyone here or on youtube has a perfect track record either.
He said 'rose gold,' so, nearby, but not an exact hit.

Our insiders were saying Poppins long before he did. His inside source was wdwmagic.com

PREMiERdrum

There's grains of truth.

Cars (though not Cars Land a la DCA), Zootopia, and Coco have all been proposed for BBTM phase 1. I don't believe there was ever serious consideration (this decade, at least) for a Toy Story attraction here. And, as far as I can tell, Zootopia is (thankfully) out.

It still sounds to me like Coco has the edge for phase 1, but there's a lot of jockeying about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom