News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

The Leader of the Club

Maybe the most surprising decision at MK over the past two decades is the fact that Toy Story or Woody never got a permanent chunk of Frontierland. Is he also on a list now? Okay for future sequels but not park additions?
I think Toy Story Land is what ultimately stopped that from happening. I feel like there’s a world where TSL never gets built and we’re all debating whether Sheriff Woody’s Yeehaw Falls is going to live up to Splash Mountain.

TalkingHead

I think Toy Story Land is what ultimately stopped that from happening. I feel like there’s a world where TSL never gets built and we’re all debating whether Sheriff Woody’s Yeehaw Falls is going to live up to Splash Mountain.
A Pixar riff on Knott’s log flume made too much sense.

Wonder why a modified Carsland or at least the ride wasn’t considered for the Frontierland expansion. Because of the Lassiter associations? Seems like an obvious fit otherwise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some on here keep emphasizing Disney has a stated plan of spending $17bn exclusively on new WDW attractions.

I have a stated plan of being back to my early 20’s weight by the time our neighborhood pool opens.
It’s funny what the imagination can do? See I never had to dream that the sweater said “$17 billion on rides at wdw”…
Frontierland's biggest sin is not having any current IP or franchise associated with it.

Makes you wonder what would have happened had Lone Ranger been a hit series that was pushed in the parks...and how much of that movie would be seen as too problematic not even 10 years later.
Right…more ip…

I forgot Disney fans are apparently the DUMBEST fanbase in history.

It’s amazing we’ve learned the skills to both wield fire and tie our shoelaces

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Frontierland's biggest sin is not having any current IP or franchise associated with it.

Makes you wonder what would have happened had Lone Ranger been a hit series that was pushed in the parks...and how much of that movie would be seen as too problematic not even 10 years later.
Can’t do Lone Ranger, ya know, it had guns

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People have taken subsequent meetings where they’ve reaffirmed their intent to build all over the place to mean that maybe they’ll build all over the place. Also recent permit filings and the statement that the CFTOD issue was a blocker that has now been removed. It has little to do with the board vote.
The amount of exaggerated expectations in the last 5 days alone is worthy of screamscape at this point.

There is really no basis to believe they won’t piecemeal this as they have since 2010

So far you have a reskinned land and “something” resembling NFL in the magic kingdom…we should just call it “NFRL” and get it over with

UNCgolf

That might be a better timeline.

I do think Tiana looks like it could be really good, but TSL is just awful. A Toy Story ride in Splash Mountain with something much better -- not necessarily in quality (although I think the quality is poor too) but in efficient land use -- in the TSL space at DHS would probably be better overall for the parks.

lazyboy97o

Now is absolutely the time for Disney to build the arcades like at Disneyland Paris. Figure it out, suck it up and do it. Start with the west side first so it can be open and then do it properly on the east side. The Magic Kingdoms have a defined entry experience and it needs room to grow with the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Now is absolutely the time for Disney to build the arcades like at Disneyland Paris. Figure it out, suck it up and do it. Start with the west side first so it can be open and then do it properly on the east side. The Magic Kingdoms have a defined entry experience and it needs room to grow with the park.
That’s an odd play for you to be adamantly advocating for…

I guess they could do it on the East side since they already have that area free?

Rich Brownn

Read your own comparison. Variably. And notice how those are in entire differently parks that complement the areas they are in. They don't directly compete with funny and grim ghosts in one and darker grim ghosts in the other.

If they opened a ghostly haunted house that are just the most grim-based ghosts across the park in an expansion...it would of course be awkward, as they belong with The Haunted Mansion.

That is more akin to Fantasyland and Villains.
Ironically the version in Japan is in.... Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom