News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

sWANNISAX

Moana belongs in Adventureland. Use that Shanghai pirates tech and build a great e ticket behind pirates and adventure land will be on the map.

Rejigger Frontierland as an easy to west progression. The bears in appalichia. Add more line trees and rocks. Leading into New Orleans around Tiana and then the far west with big thunder and ultimately Mexico. I think that progression fits the idea of the frontier very well from a westward expansion view. I would do giant villains section for the rest to connect back to mansion. And while there back there build the Asian Beauty and the Beast ride and connect it to Belles house. To plus up fantasyland. I'd take out the speedway and use that for some of the fantasy springs attractions. Maybe expand Peter Pan and then the old pan into tangled since we apparently can't get rid of small world.

As much as coco goes with Mexico in Epcot the space for a great ride isn't really there and I would rather they build out other countries. Give us a mulan attraction in China and poppins in UK.

If we're doing tropical americas the you can do encanto in Ak. I hate losing dinosaurs and feel like they should kept the Dino theming and build tropical just where hester and Chester's area is. Restuarantoaurus I think is well themed it's just the other side that isn't.

Hollywood you can do pretty much anything. The different studios as the lands always made the most sense to me but that ship has sailed. Something to take over all of the animation courtyard whether it's Zootopia or something all new would be preferable. Using those available marvel characters would be cool.

doctornick

I'm sure Food & Beverage doesn't feel that way... BOG practically prints money for the park... probably far more revenue than the Gift Shop Exit of even the most popular ride could generate.

If they wanted to add the Tokyo BatB ride to MK, I think the more logical way to do so would be to have the entrance/queue be from "Belle's village" and replace Gaston's and/or the shop. It would have to somehow (either the ride or the queue) take you over the access road north of that location to a show building north but it can be done.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
If they wanted to add the Tokyo BatB ride to MK, I think the more logical way to do so would be to have the entrance/queue be from "Belle's village" and replace Gaston's and/or the shop. It would have to somehow (either the ride or the queue) take you over the access road north of that location to a show building north but it can be done.

You'd have to somehow tie in the fact that the facade of BOG and the facade of this ride are both the Beast's castle - can't have two of those in MK. I'm sure if they wanted to they could figure that out (or maybe they don't care about show that much anymore).

doctornick

You'd have to somehow tie in the fact that the facade of BOG and the facade of this ride are both the Beast's castle - can't have two of those in MK. I'm sure if they wanted to they could figure that out (or maybe they don't care about show that much anymore).

There's no reason the façade of the ride has to be the castle. The context for MK could be that you start in the village and wander through the woods while in the queue to get to the castle.

Stupido

It really feels like such a no-brainer. It's a universally loved classic movie that would garner a lot of universal goodwill. MK always needs more capacity, and Fantasyland could always use more rides. Plus if you have a whole BatB mini land in MK, you can get rid of the sing-a-long in epcot, and replace the stage show in Hollywood, freeing up space in other parks for newer productions and more appropriate experiences.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There's no reason the façade of the ride has to be the castle. The context for MK could be that you start in the village and wander through the woods while in the queue to get to the castle.

Eh, I'm not sure if I agree with that. The ride itself takes place IN the castle. You're in a teacup from the movie. At some point, you're going to need to go into the castle and that doesn't square with the castle being the entrance to BOG.

I know I'm nit-picking but this is the type of stuff that Disney used to make sure to validate and I just don't think they do anymore.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It really feels like such a no-brainer. It's a universally loved classic movie that would garner a lot of universal goodwill. MK always needs more capacity, and Fantasyland could always use more rides. Plus if you have a whole BatB mini land in MK, you can get rid of the sing-a-long in epcot, and replace the stage show in Hollywood, freeing up space in other parks for newer productions and more appropriate experiences.

For some reason (and I'm stretching back into my memory here) on the EPCOT transformation thread it was mentioned (or I think it was mentioned) that one of the negatives to putting BATB into EPCOT was that WDW would have to pay to break the exclusivity license that TDL had for the ride and that was something that they didn't have to do for Remy's.

Could possibly be why you won't see it come stateside for a number of years.

sWANNISAX

I'm sure Food & Beverage doesn't feel that way... BOG practically prints money for the park... probably far more revenue than the Gift Shop Exit of even the most popular ride could generate.
I agree that it makes a fortune despite not being good. It just takes up a great deal of valuable real estate for what is a niche dining opportunity. Thats why I said build the ride out of the story time with belle entrance rather than the restaurant.

doctornick

Eh, I'm not sure if I agree with that. The ride itself takes place IN the castle. You're in a teacup from the movie. At some point, you're going to need to go into the castle and that doesn't square with the castle being the entrance to BOG.

I know I'm nit-picking but this is the type of stuff that Disney used to make sure to validate and I just don't think they do anymore.

Sure, the ride takes place in the castle. That doesn't mean the queue has to start at the castle gate. e.g. PPF mostly takes place in Neverland, but the queue takes you through the Darling's house.

You just would have to make "getting to the castle" part of the queue/pre-show to have it work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom