News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

SpectreJordan

Jim Shull's predictions for Beyond Big Thunder: Zootopia, Moana and Villains. Not sure if any truth to it or he's just speculating but he's hinted at Zootopia before

I imagine he's just guessing but I'd be down for Moana being lumped in with the BBTM expansions...if it's in Adventureland; just do both expansions at the same time. Moana anywhere else in MK would be idiotic.

I think Adventureland is the weakest land in MK. It seems like Indy really helps complete that land over at DL so I think Moana could do the same here.
For God’s sake, put Moana in Adventureland and keep Zootopia outta there. I’m puzzled as to why they would abandon Coco. It seems a logical geographic extension from Big Thunder. Just drop the Encanto element that was originally proposed.
Yeah idk why they'd abandon Coco; as you said it'd be a nice extension from BTM & it's a beloved movie. The only thing that makes sense is if they expanded the Mexican pavillion to have an extra Coco ride (NOT a replacement of 3 Caballeros).

FettFan

In all seriousness, a Willy Wonka dark ride would be cool.

trippy gene wilder GIF

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The cynical side of me thinks it's naive to believe that any new additions coming to WDW in the next 10 years wouldn't include at least one direct 1-for-1 clone of something built at another Disney park and I feel like Zootopia has been rumored for far too long for it to end with the Tree of Life show being the only use. As such, I don't think it's too crazy to think that they could have dropped the idea of cloning Shanghai's Zootopia at Animal Kingdom and just copy/pasted the idea to Magic Kingdom.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The cynical side of me thinks it's naive to believe that any new additions coming to WDW in the next 10 years wouldn't include at least one direct 1-for-1 clone of something built at another Disney park and I feel like Zootopia has been rumored for far too long for it to end with the Tree of Life show being the only use. As such, I don't think it's too crazy to think that they could have dropped the idea of cloning Shanghai's Zootopia at Animal Kingdom and just copy/pasted the idea to Magic Kingdom.
Last we heard, Zootopia in WDW was going to be a ITtBaB retheme.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Last we heard, Zootopia in WDW was going to be a ITtBaB retheme.

That's where it starts, but will that be the end? I mean, I doubt with Zootopia being where ITtBaB is in DAK they would clone the Shanghai ride to DAK, but nothing stopping them from putting it in MK. I mean, they do have a (new) Moana attraction at EPCOT and yet they were still talking about adding Moana to DAK.

Bocabear

I think Adventureland is the weakest land in MK. It seems like Indy really helps complete that land over at DL so I think Moana could do the same here.

Yeah idk why they'd abandon Coco; as you said it'd be a nice extension from BTM & it's a beloved movie. The only thing that makes sense is if they expanded the Mexican pavillion to have an extra Coco ride (NOT a replacement of 3 Caballeros).
Why not replace 3 Caballeros? It is an extremely weak attraction...a complete gut and redo with a Coco theme could be wonderful...and would be a perfect fit for the pavilion...The Pavilion doesn't need two attractions... Donald Duck is not Mexican.... and wouldn't it be cool if they took the Animatronic birds and put them on a balcony overlooking the Plaza in the pavilion...and every so often they would sing?... another show element to the overall pavilion...

Bocabear

They would have to bring people in from one of the sides most likely...Looks like the Odyssey side has more space... With Odyssey closed they could even use the bridge from the showplace Esplanade over to Odyssey as the entrance to the attraction...then exit everyone though the Pavilion...perhaps...

FigmentFan82

Atlantis is one movie that if done right I’d actually want a live action remake of. It could do really well switching mediums I think.
I actually was just thinking yesterday that instead of live-action remaking the popular and successful animated films they should have gone after all the ones that weren't huge successes. At least with that you have much more free reign to adapt and change things whereas it's almost heretical to change anything from the classics that were more or less perfect in their own right.
Live-Action remakes they should be making:
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
The Black Caldron
The Sword in the Stone (I love it but I don't think it was ever one of their big hits)
Brother Bear

UNCgolf

I actually was just thinking yesterday that instead of live-action remaking the popular and successful animated films they should have gone after all the ones that weren't huge successes. At least with that you have much more free reign to adapt and change things whereas it's almost heretical to change anything from the classics that were more or less perfect in their own right.
Live-Action remakes they should be making:
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
The Black Caldron
The Sword in the Stone (I love it but I don't think it was ever one of their big hits)
Brother Bear

Disney bought the rights to make a live action version of the Prydain Chronicles about a decade ago, but nothing has ever come of it. The Black Cauldron is the second book in the series, although the Disney movie is kind of a mashup of the first two books and changes a lot.

They were also supposed to make a live action Sword in the Stone for Disney+, but AFAIK there has been no news/movement on that since before COVID.

Bocabear

outside the main building on the Odyssey side of the building... that has the most space, bring people in from the opposite side... Maybe extend the ride into the back side of the building...exit through the interior of the Pavilion. All the work could happen outside of the plaza area, and some additional light set decor could be added to the Pyramid setting right before opening... The only thing they should do is remove the kiosks in the center of the pavilion and move them into the shop areas to open the space...

SpectreJordan

Why not replace 3 Caballeros? It is an extremely weak attraction...a complete gut and redo with a Coco theme could be wonderful...and would be a perfect fit for the pavilion...The Pavilion doesn't need two attractions... Donald Duck is not Mexican.... and wouldn't it be cool if they took the Animatronic birds and put them on a balcony overlooking the Plaza in the pavilion...and every so often they would sing?... another show element to the overall pavilion...
3 Cabs isn't my favorite ride but it's a nice smaller ride that can disperse crowds a bit. I think the Mexican pavilion is popular enough where it could justify an expansion; especially since I don't think we'll be seeing any other countries anytime soon.

mattpeto

I thought the GFT conversion to Coco hinted from the Epcot experience was cancelled due to logistical issues.

I love Coco, it’s one of my favorite movies. But I’d be totally okay with that IP being beyond BTM, keeping GFT as-is and putting Mary Poppins spinner thing in UK.

Kev1982

I thought the GFT conversion to Coco hinted from the Epcot experience was cancelled due to logistical issues.

I love Coco, it’s one of my favorite movies. But I’d be totally okay with that IP being beyond BTM, keeping GFT as-is and putting Mary Poppins spinner thing in UK.
A bit more than a MP spinner though

doctornick

Coco would be a great fit for Epcot in Mexico but I feel like the park would benefit a lot more from expansion to other WS pavilions than spending money to change an existing ride.

Personally I’d rather see them add something between Germany and UK - like a Mary Poppins or Alice ride in UK or putting the Pinocchio ride in Italy. Or my ideal of doing a Matterhorn-esque Mt Fuji coaster in Japan.

Personally the only thing in Epcot that I would consider for replacement would be Imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom