News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Mike S

The monster land at Epic seems like it will push towards Disney to do Villans land. The Disney Villans are way more relevant to modern audiences than the Universal monsters.

I want a stand alone Nightmare Before Christmas ride, something Ursula that is not a spinner, Maleficent's Castle and some attraction with the dragon, some kind of coaster.
Even then I still doubt whatever E Ticket Disney cooks up would match Monsters, which is a shame.

999th Happy Haunt

If disney wanted to compete with universals monster land they could use Marvel comics easily as a dark universe.
Werewolf by night
Tomb of Dracula
Frankenstein monster
The living mummy
The man thing
Blade
Ghost Rider
Dr. Strange
Morbius the living vampire
Mephesto
Cloak and Dagger
Or better yet they could use Marvel's western characters as an expansion of beyond big thunder mountain
Two gun kid
Rawhide kid
Red wolf
Phantom rider
Or
how about a version of grizzly gultch
It's morbin' time

Bleed0range

Even then I still doubt whatever E Ticket Disney cooks up would match Monsters, which is a shame.

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I actually think they should scrap beyond big thunder and just commit ideas to a fifth gate.

After watching a video detailing everything Epic Universe has, Disney really can’t compete.

It would be a good idea to do a similar sort of park that takes advantage of themed areas that are as well themed as Pandora or GE.

They could move their Villains land to this fifth gate as one of the themed lands. They could make a copy of Cars Land and Zootopia… that’s already 3 lands. They could stick in a Moana land based off that concept or Encanto too. It just seems to me they could just put all these ideas into one new fifth gate instead of replacing rides at AK or adding to MK.

drizgirl

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I actually think they should scrap beyond big thunder and just commit ideas to a fifth gate.

After watching a video detailing everything Epic Universe has, Disney really can’t compete.

It would be a good idea to do a similar sort of park that takes advantage of themed areas that are as well themed as Pandora or GE.

They could move their Villains land to this fifth gate as one of the themed lands. They could make a copy of Cars Land and Zootopia… that’s already 3 lands. They could stick in a Moana land based off that concept or Encanto too. It just seems to me they could just put all these ideas into one new fifth gate instead of replacing rides at AK or adding to MK.
They need to finish the non castle parks they have already. Which really doesn't seem to be a priority.

capsshield

Studios needs to grow at least 40 percent larger. Expanding into the parking lot from the star cruiser all the way to epcot. Give epcot a back gate to alow access between the parks. Open up Epcot to feature an avenue of the countries, and throw in some in park hotels. Not a fifth gate, but the kind of expansion that makes those two parks as big a draw as mk since they would be greatly expanded and connected.

AK needs at least 5 to 7 attractions that are not refurbished rides. Going to a park and finding out at 4pm you've seen it all is going to make that park a families last choice when planing out days.

What I've suggested will take a decade to do so how does Disney compete.
Free park hoppers for on property stays
Enhanced dining plan
Return of the magical express
Extra Bonus magic plus and gennie for on property stays
Meet and greets in hotel lobby
Plus the Disney parks are still a great experience and far superior to anything out there.
Sorry uni fans but Disney is the king and will remain the king even after EU opens and expands.

aladdin2007

Studios needs to grow at least 40 percent larger. Expanding into the parking lot from the star cruiser all the way to epcot. Give epcot a back gate to alow access between the parks. Open up Epcot to feature an avenue of the countries, and throw in some in park hotels. Not a fifth gate, but the kind of expansion that makes those two parks as big a draw as mk since they would be greatly expanded and connected.

AK needs at least 5 to 7 attractions that are not refurbished rides. Going to a park and finding out at 4pm you've seen it all is going to make that park a families last choice when planing out days.

What I've suggested will take a decade to do so how does Disney compete.
Free park hoppers for on property stays
Enhanced dining plan
Return of the magical express
Extra Bonus magic plus and gennie for on property stays
Meet and greets in hotel lobby
Plus the Disney parks are still a great experience and far superior to anything out there.
Sorry uni fans but Disney is the king and will remain the king even after EU opens and expands.
what you suggested would take todays Disney an entire generation to complete.

DonniePeverley

Not one of these 'BEYOND ....' will ever be built.

Next time your at D23 event and they insult you with a 'Beyond ....' nonsense type talk, simply BOO, turn around, and walk out.

Bocabear

Annnnnnnd they would build another park with too few attractions spending hundreds of millions on infrastructure for 5 rides...No, they need to expand and finish the parks they already have... When every World Showcase pavilion has their promised attractions, When DHS gets their attraction count up, When DAK adds at least another new area and at least a half dozen new attractions....and they are still at Max Capacity in all parks, THEN let's talk about a 5th gate....

Incomudro

Annnnnnnd they would build another park with too few attractions spending hundreds of millions on infrastructure for 5 rides...No, they need to expand and finish the parks they already have... When every World Showcase pavilion has their promised attractions, When DHS gets their attraction count up, When DAK adds at least another new area and at least a half dozen new attractions....and they are still at Max Capacity in all parks, THEN let's talk about a 5th gate....
And let's see it all be well maintained.

Brer Oswald

It's a pipe dream. Universal has the rights forever and there is no reason - financial, attendance, exposure - for them to give them up. Especially considering the sweetheart deal they got on paying commission
We’ve all seen the Spider-Man ride in DCA right? Some of us have been unfortunate enough to actually ride it. I think it’s a blessing we still have the Spider-Man ride at IoA rather than something infinitely inferior in, say, DHS.

Brer Oswald

Disney could absolutely go balls to the walls and do a Kingdom Hearts dark ride with all of the main Disney Villains in Hollow Bastion, set up against the big waterfall. Have you “travel” to different worlds like Olympus, Wonderland, Agrabah, etc.

They won’t though 😂

yensidtlaw1969

Historically, new parks just cannibalize attendance at existing parks. People don’t get more vacation time just because there’s a new park, so rather than add another day to see the new park they just cross one of the existing parks off their list of things to see.

Universal doesn’t mind this because they think they can steal a day that people currently spend at Disney. Disney wants to steal back the time people have started giving to Universal, but not at the expense of one of their own existing parks. When AK opened lots of guests just skipped out on EPCOT or Studios to see it.

Building a 5th park, while creatively titillating, doesn’t solve more problems than it creates, so Disney isn’t interested.

Andrew25

Historically, new parks just cannibalize attendance at existing parks. People don’t get more vacation time just because there’s a new park, so rather than add another day to see the new park they just cross one of the existing parks off their list of things to see.

Universal doesn’t mind this because they think they can steal a day that people currently spend at Disney. Disney wants to steal back the time people have started giving to Universal, but not at the expense of one of their own existing parks. When AK opened lots of guests just skipped out on EPCOT or Studios to see it.

Building a 5th park, while creatively titillating, doesn’t solve more problems than it creates, so Disney isn’t interested.
Pair that with staffing concerns (Universal is still understaffed, no idea how they will staff a 3rd additional dry park), there is no need for a 5th WDW park.

Until Disney can somehow keep all of their current park late like MK with decent crowds, no real need.

People aren't adding an additional day to Orlando for a whole new park, which is why they need to focus on making their current parks up to date and relevant to prevent people from missing out on a park entirely.

After Hours will be a big benefit from Universal taking away days (or trips outright) from WDW. Very easy to just add a night of After Hours into a Universal-focused trip. '

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not one of these 'BEYOND ....' will ever be built.

Next time your at D23 event and they insult you with a 'Beyond ....' nonsense type talk, simply BOO, turn around, and walk out.
Disney said the parks were getting a Star Wars Land... and it got built.

Disney said there would be a Toy Story Land... and it got built.

Disney said there would be Ratatouille... and it got built.

Disney said there would be a GotG coaster... and it got built.

Disney said there would a a Frozen Land, Zootopia Land, BatB ride... and it got built (or in process).

So, this is me booing your post and walking out.

Bleed0range

I think Disney could honestly use someone crossing a park off their list for a little while.

DonniePeverley

Disney said the parks were getting a Star Wars Land... and it got built.

Disney said there would be a Toy Story Land... and it got built.

Disney said there would be Ratatouille... and it got built.

Disney said there would be a GotG coaster... and it got built.

Disney said there would a a Frozen Land, Zootopia Land, BatB ride... and it got built (or in process).

So, this is me booing your post and walking out.

Those were announced properly.

They weren't talked about in the 'Beyond ' nonsense category.

Bleed0range

Those were announced properly.

They weren't talked about in the 'Beyond ' nonsense category.

I think the Encanto thing will happen but maybe it doesn’t end up beyond big thunder. The Villains thing is the most exciting but has the least likely chance of happening considering the art was literally some shadows behind their actual Encanto/CoCo ideas.

The only thing I think will happen is they’ll do something there, eventually. Probably.

MagicHappens1971

I think the Encanto thing will happen but maybe it doesn’t end up beyond big thunder. The Villains thing is the most exciting but has the least likely chance of happening considering the art was literally some shadows behind their actual Encanto/CoCo ideas.

The only thing I think will happen is they’ll do something there, eventually. Probably.
If EU wasn’t opening with a Monsters land I would be more skeptical, but I think it is very possible that Disney builds a Villainsland either at MK or DHS in the coming years

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Adding a major (Galaxy's Edge or Pandora) size land to each of the four parks simultaneously would probably cost less than adding a fifth gate, would be logistically simpler than adding a fifth gate, and would likely have a similar marketing draw of adding a fifth gate (especially if they are advertising all four additions as one big resort wide addition)... nonetheless, I don't even see Disney doing that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom