News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

celluloid

Sure but I don’t think it needs to be that expensive. Bus bar allows multiple levels easily like the Alice ride. Casa Madrigal definitely isn’t on one level.

I also think 3 LPS rides is enough.

With screens and placemaking you could have the illusion. which is cheaper on operations as well and probably what they would do to make the ride more expansive, without making it more expensive. Then you get to keep the ride system.

The Lochness Monsta

Why does Disney keep lying about Encanto? The movie did bad at the box office.... and in my opinion it isn't a good movie.

.... And before someone brings up Covid... Spiderman No Way Home came out a month later and has made almost 2 Billion dollars.

Touchdown

Why does Disney keep lying about Encanto? The movie did bad at the box office.... and in my opinion it isn't a good movie.
Only because of Disney announcing it would be available on D+ a month after opening. It’s widely popular can’t tell you how many Encanto themed shirts I’ve seen on guests this week (usually a shirt claiming that they do or don’t talk about Bruno.)

SNS

.... And before someone brings up Covid... Spiderman No Way Home came out a month later and has made almost 2 Billion dollars.

Regardless of the quality of Encanto, Disney Plus is likely making it so people don't bother seeing their animated movies in theaters. It's like, why pay for an expensive movie ticket (and that adds up for families) when you can just wait about one month and watch it at no extra cost at home? The big screen is more for the dramatic action films.

celluloid

Only because of Disney announcing it would be available on D+ a month after opening. It’s widely popular can’t tell you how many Encanto themed shirts I’ve seen on guests this week (usually a shirt claiming that they do or don’t talk about Bruno.)

Black Phone was avalible on Peacock only two weeks after its Theatrical Run. It was a rated R horror that made almost as much as Encanto domestically.

People can say Encanto has the cultural impact of its music and merch, but let's not make excuses.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Does the plot rely on a battle between sisters that’s not set up particularly well? Yes.
Does the grandmother realize the error of her way with no clear rationale as to why? Yes.
Is the music LMM’s best work? No.
Is it even his best 2021 soundtrack to a Latin American animated movie? No.

But.

Was it the most streamed movie of any kind across all platforms last year according to Nielsen, doing more than double the minutes of any other movie? Yes.

So nothing else matters. Sorry. It’s a hit.

gerarar

Premium Member
If that happens, I wonder if moving the fireworks pad further north would affect the timing during the shows. Would they have to readjust all the timing I wonder

Realistically, if they moved #4 further back towards the road, it wouldn't be a problem. Plus this specific launch site is only used during NYE, July 4th, Xmas, and Halloween. Sometimes private parties if they choose so.

And they reprogram the timings for these shows anyways all the time, since shells and pyro supplies always change. I'd imagine whatever software they're using makes this easier as they input the type of shells and it automatically calculates when to launch specific shells to time to the music and etc.
20230211_080712.jpg

I wish they brought back #5 (and likewise the one near Tron). Perimeter shows have been really lacking without them ever since imo.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If the premise of any Coco is that you visit the land of the dead, I do think it could support a CBJ-esque show of dead performers like the competition in the movie. In addition to a main ride.
I was thinking it'd be cool if instead of an AA show it'd be live performers and puppets in a blackart/blacklight theater e.g. DHS's Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

The Lochness Monsta

Does the plot rely on a battle between sisters that’s not set up particularly well? Yes.
Does the grandmother realize the error of her way with no clear rationale as to why? Yes.
Is the music LMM’s best work? No.
Is it even his best 2021 soundtrack to a Latin American animated movie? No.

But.

Was it the most streamed movie of any kind across all platforms last year according to Nielsen, doing more than double the minutes of any other movie? Yes.

So nothing else matters. Sorry. It’s a hit.

No love interest.
No bad guy or gal.

and again it has erratic, unnatural body movements from the characters. Just like Turning Red and Strange World.

I'm cool with Coco though, it actually made a lot of money and is a real good movie.

_caleb

No love interest.
No bad guy or gal.

and again it has erratic, unnatural body movements from the characters. Just like Turning Red and Strange World.

I'm cool with Coco though, it actually made a lot of money and is a real good movie.
I can't imagine thinking that these tired tropes had any life left in them for modern film audiences.

Seems to me like another example of the nostalgia-chasing mindset that confuses the essence for the methods (just keep doing it the old way).

If people let go of this, I think they'd find modern Disney is much more enjoyable.

The Lochness Monsta

I can't imagine thinking that these tired tropes had any life left in them for modern film audiences.

Seems to me like another example of the nostalgia-chasing mindset that confuses the essence for the methods (just keep doing it the old way).

If people let go of this, I think they'd find modern Disney is much more enjoyable.

LOL, these tropes have never eeeeever been tired. They've been around since the beginning of time.

I don't get how you can rationalize what you just wrote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom