News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

yensidtlaw1969

The path would be west of BTMRR and the WDWRR station. There’s an opening heading north just east of the Tiana restrooms. The East connection is harder. I presume it would involve changing the HM queue.
Also, would Villains Land be beyond the railroad? There's not really *that* much room behind HM and Small World - you could do the outdoor areas of the land were there with showbuildings built north of the train tracks, but either then the land itself is tight or you've got a long walk from Liberty Square to Villains Land.

But that's assuming they don't fill in the River at all the way they did for Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 11.41.06 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I recall someone else mentioning that was discussed as an option here, and I think it was an insider, but I'm not sure who.
It's in @Door Coaster 's rumor tracker said by the person I just quoted above to ask if they know that as an inside rumor, or, repeating the supposition that came out of D23.

I know of no known and trusted insider who has definitively said it's a FoP clone.

In the past @marni1971 has said they looked into cloning FoP but then shelved the idea. But, what is shelved can be unshelved. OTOH, this could be simply presumed as a guess, and if repeated enough by others, can appear to be insider news when it's not.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Also, would Villains Land be beyond the railroad? There's not really *that* much room behind HM and Small World - you could do the outdoor areas of the land were there with showbuildings built north of the train tracks, but either then the land itself is tight or you've got a long walk from Liberty Square to Villains Land.

But that's assuming they don't fill in the River at all the way they did for Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland.

View attachment 697504
TSI is just sitting there begging for something. I still think that would have been the better New Orleans themed area with a tiana attraction, restaurant, and the riverboat there traveling on the “Mississippi”

doctornick

View attachment 697522
View attachment 697523
Here are two options for the layout of “Beyond Big Thunder”

The plans supposedly will allow at least part of the northern island and the fort to remain. So I don't think the plans are really anything like what you have depicted. Insiders have indicated that while there might be some reconfiguration and even loss of part of the river that it was largely remain as is and this "beyond Thunder Mountain" stuff would be put on undeveloped land on the north side of the current river.

@ToTBellHop just wrote a short bit ago that the plan is to continue the path that is around the Frontierland train station/Splash bathrooms and go north from there - I would presume they would build a bridge over the canal leading to the Seven Seas lagoon and then use the space outside the RR berm to build Coco and Encanto.

KingMickey13

The plans supposedly will allow at least part of the northern island and the fort to remain. So I don't think the plans are really anything like what you have depicted. Insiders have indicated that while there might be some reconfiguration and even loss of part of the river that it was largely remain as is and this "beyond Thunder Mountain" stuff would be put on undeveloped land on the north side of the current river.

@ToTBellHop just wrote a short bit ago that the plan is to continue the path that is around the Frontierland train station/Splash bathrooms and go north from there - I would presume they would build a bridge over the canal leading to the Seven Seas lagoon and then use the space outside the RR berm to build Coco and Encanto.
I wasn’t sure, frankly I just grabbed it from DSNY newscast on YouTube.

FigmentFan82

No one knows the ride systems for Coco or Encanto, just making educated guesses with the intent in mind to use a ride system that already exists. Based on what was discussed during presentations and what the movies actually are about and such, people have simply guessed that the FoP system could be a good fit for a Coco ride and the Mystic Manor system could be a good fit for and Encanto ride. 100% speculation. From the cheap seats these look like very reasonable and good fits for these IPs, were they to make attractions for both and didn't want to invent something entirely new.

Or they could 180 our armchair imagineering and re-use Carousel of Progress tech for Encanto and a Journey of Coco walkthrough.

Basically no one knows until we know

doctornick

Any plan that would significantly reduce the size of the RoA would be a mistake.

I agree, especially with so much potential land available north of the river ("blessing of size"). They should be able to do what DL did in building SW:GE.

Now, they might need to take a little of the river away in order to make the proper connections to existing lands so I think some small reductions wouldn't be too bad, but it would be sad if the river or islands were dramatically reduced or if they got rid of the boat traffic which adds kinetics.

doctornick

Can‘t remove connection to SSL.

To comment on this, because it is certainly true. I would think any pathway over the canal that connects the RoA with the SSL, they would make any guest path over it into some sort of draw bridge that can be moved out of the way similar to what they did for the walkway from the Grand Floridian to MK. That waterway isn't used for vehicular traffic much and virtually never during park hours if I understand correctly so it wouldn't be a big deal having a path there as long as it can be moved out of the way when needed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1676059042211.png

Green are the interior park pads @marni1971 has indicated exist. The orange is a harder-to-get-to but slated-for-next (possibly) pad. The yellow is the obvious easy-to-get-to pads surrounding the MK. The red is pie-in-the-sky that would require a bunch of stuff to make happen, like rerouting canals (blue). And the red column is where the fireworks pad is.

Door Coaster

View attachment 697624

Green are the interior park pads @marni1971 has indicated exist. The orange is a harder-to-get-to but slated-for-next (possibly) pad. The yellow is the obvious easy-to-get-to pads surrounding the MK. The red is pie-in-the-sky that would require a bunch of stuff to make happen, like rerouting canals (blue). And the red column is where the fireworks pad is.
Pretty sure that Frontierland green should extend to the canal and river.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom