News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think this would ever be the plan, it would cost a fortune to demo and rebuild Big Thunder elsewhere. Much cheaper to figure out the land situation without doing that.
I still like my idea of retheming Frontierland to a hybrid of New Orleans and Western, which I call "Cajun Gulch".

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
It's odd that this thread is getting more responses when the one of the Blue Sky stuff for DAK - Moana and Zootopia - is not as active even though it is much more likely to come to pass.
From what I saw from D23 and now know, the whole point of the Blue Sky presentation for the project was to come up with potentials for replacing DinoLand. I’m not saying (and I doubt) that the areas that we saw in the concept art will get greenlit, but it gives us an idea of an opportunity. It’s just like back in the early 2000s where Disneyland came up with an idea on a potential "third gate" where the Toy Story parking lot is now.

MerlinTheGoat

The only way Journey could become worse if it becomes a dilapidated, rotting looking ride like Cat in the Hat or something lmao
When your ride is comprised almost exclusively of empty warehouse-looking rooms, there's admittedly not much to actually "rot" in the first place. That said, one of the only Figment AA's in the ride has reportedly been broken in recent days.

Not that I expect this to remain broken forever. But it is important to never underestimate Disney's ability to lower the bar ever further...

SpectreJordan

When your ride is comprised almost exclusively of empty warehouse-looking rooms, there's admittedly not much to actually "rot" in the first place. That said, one of the only Figment AA's in the ride has reportedly been broken in recent days.

Not that I expect this to remain broken forever. But it is important to never underestimate Disney's ability to lower the bar ever further...

He doesn't look like a rotten corpse like the Cat in the Hat animatronic does atleast. But yeah, Journey is by far my least favorite attraction at WDW. I legit don't know how they could make it worse if they revamped it again. Even an all-screen ride could turn out better.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I kind of wish Disney would take a more Universal approach and not announce new additions until shovels are already in the ground. It would be a rough two years or so of more or less no announcements, but I feel like it would help with the "Disney takes too long to build things" mentality as so often the issue is that Disney announces an attraction so long before construction has even started (like Pandora or Tron) and it would also help with the issue of complaints when Disney announces an attraction that they ultimately never build.

MagicHappens1971

I kind of wish Disney would take a more Universal approach and not announce new additions until shovels are already in the ground. It would be a rough two years or so of more or less no announcements, but I feel like it would help with the "Disney takes too long to build things" mentality as so often the issue is that Disney announces an attraction so long before construction has even started (like Pandora or Tron) and it would also help with the issue of complaints when Disney announces an attraction that they ultimately never build.
People have been hoping for this for years. Truth is Disney would rather market that xyz ride is coming!!! (For years) And deal with the minimal public backlash of people complaining about how long construction takes. Truth is the construction timeline bloat is the real problem.

CaptainAmerica

But yeah, Journey is by far my least favorite attraction at WDW. I legit don't know how they could make it worse if they revamped it again. Even an all-screen ride could turn out better.
The meet and greets they added to the Imageworks area have helped spruce the place up a little bit. It's still not good in there, but it's less depressing than it used to be.

celluloid

People have been hoping for this for years. Truth is Disney would rather market that xyz ride is coming!!! (For years) And deal with the minimal public backlash of people complaining about how long construction takes. Truth is the construction timeline bloat is the real problem.

And has even grown to the part where no one believes an opening season announcement and hurts that trust gauge that is publicly known to be a problem for the company.

MagicHappens1971

And has even grown to the part where no one believes an opening season announcement and hurts that trust gauge that is publicly known to be a problem for the company.
I have personally felt that the “opening season” is irrelevant, I would never book a March trip based on a “Spring opening”. Without a solid announcement date, I wouldn’t do anything. That’s just me though, it’s very annoying that they don’t stick to any timeline

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom