News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

CaptainAmerica

I’ll allow it lol
luisa-madrigal-encanto.gif

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I think "beyond Big Thunder Mountain" should be used for a new Frontierland, with stuff like Country Bear Jamboree relocated to there, while the current Frontierland can become an MK version of New Orleans Square (maybe called "Port Orleans"), so Tiana’s Bayou Adventure wouldn’t feel out of place.

From what I saw from D23 and now know, the whole point of the Blue Sky presentation for the project was to come up with potentials for an expansion "beyond Big Thunder". I’m not saying (and I doubt) that the areas that we saw in the concept art will get greenlit, but it gives us an idea of an opportunity. It’s just like back in the early 2000s where Disneyland came up with an idea on a potential "third gate" where the Toy Story parking lot is now. Same thing with DinoLand at Animal Kingdom.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Encanto would work best in AK where you could have the house (e ticket) village (QS and shop) and a walking trail of South American Animals hosted by Antonio with the two big highlights being jaguars and a butterfly garden.
I had the same idea for a South America/Encanto land at AK as well! Can it be an expanded portion of a new, reimagined DinoLand (if not, an Australia land)?

JoeCamel

I think "beyond Big Thunder Mountain" should be used for a new Frontierland, with stuff like Country Bear Jamboree relocated to there, while the current Frontierland can become an MK version of New Orleans Square (maybe called "Port Orleans"), so Tiana’s Bayou Adventure wouldn’t feel out of place.

From what I saw from D23 and now know, the whole point of the Blue Sky presentation for the project was to come up with potentials for an expansion "beyond Big Thunder". I’m not saying (and I doubt) that the areas that we saw in the concept art will get greenlit, but it gives us an idea of an opportunity. It’s just like back in the early 2000s where Disneyland came up with an idea on a potential "third gate" where the Toy Story parking lot is now. Same thing with DinoLand at Animal Kingdom.
They have been talking about a northern expansion for more than 20 years in the MK, I had a discussion at one of the utilidoor maps with a CM at least 15 years ago who thought it was common knowledge there were plans to expand back there and was surprised that most think it is a dead area. They won't build in my lifetime though and anything they build now won't stand up to time.

Bocabear

If they did do it as Frontierland changing the current Frontier to New Orleans riverfront, maybe they could add a whole Bear Country section along with the Big Grizzly mountain coaster from Hong Kong...

fgmnt

Because it's awesome.
The Walt Disney World Frontierland is as much about the turn of the 20th century Mississippi Delta as the 19th century North American Southwest. A better version of this company would take an 18+ month closure of a major attraction + vague commitments of adjacent expansion to clean this up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom