News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

tanc

Universal probably has put some serious pressure on Disney. I'm very surprised there's no concrete plans instead of just bluffing. These next few years are going to be incredibly interesting to witness. I'm not sure what is in stock, but it's going to rustle some jimmies.

pdude81

Universal probably has put some serious pressure on Disney. I'm very surprised there's no concrete plans instead of just bluffing. These next few years are going to be incredibly interesting to witness. I'm not sure what is in stock, but it's going to rustle some jimmies.
To freeze the landscape a bit from people who might switch to an all Universal trip for 2025, they'd just need to announce something special by mid-2024 and break construction. Destination D23 would be a good spot to do so. But that's if they care to mix it up. If they don't see this as a threat, then we get ride refurbs and free parking. Whooooo

MerlinTheGoat

I'm guessing Empress Lilly is bigger than Liberty Belle too.
By far. The footprint for Empress Lilly is over 4.5 times larger when measured (imperfectly) with Google Maps. While the exact measurements are probably out there somewhere, Liberty Belle's footprint is around 2,700 sqft and Empress Lilly's is about 12,600 sqft. Not including the water wheels.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Did you know that as part of those HM meals, they used the Liberty Belle as a pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres serving area? See the link?

They can turn practically any venue in any park into a dining location... how can it be "irrelevant" if they've done it?

All it takes is imagination and the gumption to try it. Of course, with The Eiger Counter back in charge, I must admit it's highly unlikely.

Where have all the people of imagination disappeared to... Universal Studios?
Choosing to misrepresent people's full understanding of your point and reasonable disagreement with it as "a lack of imagination" is obvious strawmanning.

As I said quite plainly, whether or not they can turn any venue into a dining location is irrelevant. Don't pretend you didn't understand me. They *can* also put lawn chairs on top of Space Mountain for fireworks viewing, "with a little imagination", but that doesn't mean the idea is worth discussing at length. And with teeth bared.

Just cut it already, please.

KingMickey13

I have a bad feeling this “mini-land” will occur, but it will be massively scaled down. The Coco FOP-like attraction could just end up as a spinner at the trackless Encanto dark ride could be a walkthrough. Pair that with a ridiculously expensive restaurant, a few shops, and a ton of meet and greets. I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but Disney doesn’t have a good track record as of late.

MagicHappens1971

I have a bad feeling this “mini-land” will occur, but it will be massively scaled down. The Coco FOP-like attraction could just end up as a spinner at the trackless Encanto dark ride could be a walkthrough. Pair that with a ridiculously expensive restaurant, a few shops, and a ton of meet and greets. I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but Disney doesn’t have a good track record as of late.
I think if they’re going to do this expansion they’re going to do it right. I would hope they’ve learned their lesson.

MagicHappens1971

I would also like to see a Villains land come to fruition, with a berm that hides the land from plain sight and has like “dark magic” covering the tunnel in and you’re met with like Maleficent as a dragon (wishful thinking). I’d like like two dark rides, a rollercoaster, a themed/character meal, and unique shopping

KingMickey13

Ideal would be the Coco FOP style ride, a flat ride of some sort, two restaurants (1 TSR & 1 QSR), shopping, and then an Encanto dark ride
That is very ideal and I like it very much.
I would also like to see a Villains land come to fruition, with a berm that hides the land from plain sight and has like “dark magic” covering the tunnel in and you’re met with like Maleficent as a dragon (wishful thinking). I’d like like two dark rides, a rollercoaster, a themed/character meal, and unique shopping
I seriously doubt Disney is actually building this one. I think it’s just something to tease the fans, unfortunately. Though, for some reason, Disney has invested a ton of money in MK lately, even though it’s the park that needs it the least.

MagicHappens1971

That is very ideal and I like it very much.

I seriously doubt Disney is actually building this one. I think it’s just something to tease the fans, unfortunately. Though, for some reason, Disney has invested a ton of money in MK lately, even though it’s the park that needs it the least.
The reality is that nothing will draw guests away from MK. Obviously the other parks need capacity as well but expanding MK is never a bad idea

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Ideal would be the Coco FOP style ride, a flat ride of some sort, two restaurants (1 TSR & 1 QSR), shopping, and then an Encanto dark ride
there are so many other popular movies in disneys history that could use attractions first. I’m not sure why they are wanting to fast track coco and encanto so badly. Then again

MagicHappens1971

there are so many other popular movies in disneys history that could use attractions. I’m not sure why they are wanting to fast track coco and encanto so badly. Then again
I agree but I think Disney is going to continue to pump out attractions based on more “relevant, timeless, Disney”. I personally would put a full out Villains land as a priority. DHS needs an animation courtyard overhaul, and a new land taking over the Indy/ part of the parking lot plot. DAK needs to overhaul/expand Dinoland, and build another land. There are just not enough attractions in those parks. Don’t even get me started about Epcot

KingMickey13

there are so many other popular movies in disneys history that could use attractions first. I’m not sure why they are wanting to fast track coco and encanto so badly. Then again
Because both are relatively popular right now (Encanto especially), they somewhat fit together (Disney loves grouping things together even if they don’t really fit), and they are very current “Disney”.

KingMickey13

I agree but I think Disney is going to continue to pump out attractions based on more “relevant, timeless, Disney”. I personally would put a full out Villains land as a priority. DHS needs an animation courtyard overhaul, and a new land taking over the Indy/ part of the parking lot plot. DAK needs to overhaul/expand Dinoland, and build another land. There are just not enough attractions in those parks. Don’t even get me started about Epcot
I still can’t spend a full day at either HS or AK. HS maybe on a busy day and with a TS dinner. If Disney was smart, they’d do both Moana and Zootopia (not arguing that either really fit there, but they don’t care), and the Pandora expansion at AK. It seems they are oscillating between the two. Maybe another minor attraction somewhere themed to Indy or the Lion King. Epcot and HS don’t even know what they are anymore. Which is sad, considering what Epcot once was.

MagicHappens1971

I still can’t spend a full day at either HS or AK. HS maybe on a busy day and with a TS dinner. If Disney was smart, they’d do both Moana and Zootopia (not arguing that either really fit there, but they don’t care), and the Pandora expansion at AK. It seems they are oscillating between the two. Maybe another minor attraction somewhere themed to Indy or the Lion King. Epcot and HS don’t even know what they are anymore. Which is sad, considering what Epcot once was.
A Lion King attraction is a no brainer, a Jungle Book attraction using Shanghai POTC tech would also be a great idea

MagicHappens1971

Tangled could use more than a bathroom too. Some feel that movie is even better than Frozen.
I do love Tangled, I also wish they’d have put a Tangled ride instead of a bathroom. Now that they’ve designed one for TDS maybe one day it’ll make an appearance stateside. It would probably go to Disneyland anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom