News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Rich Brownn

My Blue Sky would be to raze/move Small World & the bathrooms and use that plot to build a Tangled boat ride and the Snuggly Duckling. But small world is such a classic and this will never happen
Funny enough they could have - at one point the IASW rehab was so extensive literally the only thing left was the ceiling and walls. Even the floor had been removed. Could have easily built another warehouse building further down the slope and moved it. (Heck at ground level we could even have gotten a better exterior!)

KingMickey13

Funny enough they could have - at one point the IASW rehab was so extensive literally the only thing left was the ceiling and walls. Even the floor had been removed. Could have easily built another warehouse building further down the slope and moved it. (Heck at ground level we could even have gotten a better exterior!)
I dislike the exterior too, but nowadays that unfortunately won’t happen.

castlecake2.0

My dream to fix capacity right now would be for Josh to challenge MK (with funding approved) to reopen all previously closed venues, whether it be food and bev, merch, or attractions. So many shops in adventureland have disappeared, the candy store in Frontierland never reopened, aunt Polly’s on TSI, the snack bar on the liberty belle, Tomorrowland terrace, stitch escape. Give people additional places to just be rather than clogging up pathways, then after that, add the stuff behind thunder mountain.

ToTBellHop

My dream to fix capacity right now would be for Josh to challenge MK (with funding approved) to reopen all previously closed venues, whether it be food and bev, merch, or attractions. So many shops in adventureland have disappeared, the candy store in Frontierland never reopened, aunt Polly’s on TSI, the snack bar on the liberty belle, Tomorrowland terrace, stitch escape. Give people additional places to just be rather than clogging up pathways, then after that, add the stuff behind thunder mountain.
I gather they want more physical space for guests—thus the HKDL strategy of creating a large expansion with several components with 1 attraction each. If they are themed like the HKDL lands, I don’t hate it. Make a land that just happens to have a Coco ride.

castlecake2.0

I gather they want more physical space for guests—thus the HKDL strategy of creating a large expansion with several components with 1 attraction each. If they are themed like the HKDL lands, I don’t hate it. Make a land that just happens to have a Coco ride.
Totally get that as well, I just hate how the parks are so crowded but there’s all this capacity sitting behind closed doors.

castlecake2.0

Dining, in particular, is stupid. It’s sitting there waiting to reopen and the lines at the existing locations show they need everything open!
Imagine reopening the snack bar on liberty belle with some TikTok trending specialty slushy/snack? Gets more people on the attraction and creates revenue. Seems like a no brainer. Same with Aunt Polly’s, draw people to the island and make $$$. Everyone wins.

lazyboy97o

True leadership would be taking away the parking that replaced the Galaxy Palace Theater.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My Blue Sky would be to raze/move Small World & the bathrooms and use that plot to build a Tangled boat ride and the Snuggly Duckling. But small world is such a classic and this will never happen

1. Build a bigger, better IASW in EPCOT.

2. Raze the old IASW.

3. You now have a wide path to access acres and acres of land north of HM & RoA that will connect with where this blue sky stuff is proposed.

999th Happy Haunt

I was hoping it would just be “Latin American square” or whatever. Yeah, Galaxy’s Edge doesn’t really fit Disneyland.
Still, if that hypothetical land was only comprised of re-creations of places from Coco and Encanto, no matter the name it would not fit in Magic Kingdom. Fantasyland is the only area with anything outside of an attraction is re-created from a movie, and that works given the content of the land.

KingMickey13

Still, if that hypothetical land was only comprised of re-creations of places from Coco and Encanto, no matter the name it would not fit in Magic Kingdom. Fantasyland is the only area with anything outside of an attraction is re-created from a movie, and that works given the content of the land.
I was hoping it would not be overly themed to Coco and Encanto, but that’s unlikely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom