News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

FutureCEO

I actually think Coco and Encanto would both be very thoughtful additions to Frontierland. Although that villains land part of the painting is so obviously a late, vague addition that you can tell the artist just kinda sketched it in really really roughly.

It would have to be a new land. Coco and Encanto is not exactly the American frontier. As least Tiana is in the same country.

And however many people they cram through the gates are still going to want to be in the hub at fireworks time. Magic Kingdom is full. The last thing they should be doing is expanding it. The pinch points and park infrastructure are at capacity.
This is a big point I make to people. MK was designed 50 years ago and without consideration to todays crowds on Main Street. Im pushing a double stroller atm, so we watch fireworks, but from afar. I’m really hoping Pirates and Pals come back.

I hate Main Street at fireworks time, even if I didn’t have a stroller. I recently stumbled upon an abandoned area of the park at fireworks time with a great view of fireworks, if you don’t care about seeing them over the castle. Turns out that my kids don’t care. They just love the fireworks.

Ghost93

I'm shocked about the negativity on this forum. Disney villains, Coco and Encanto are all popular Disney properties and the fact that this would be an expansion and not a replacement makes this seem like a no-brainer. This is a fantastic idea and you all are needlessly negative.

No winning on this forum.

SpaceMountain77

It looks like the walkway in front of the Main Street Theater will connect New Frontierland to the Villains area.

MKspoof.jpg

Dizknee_Phreek

When they showed Coco and Encanto I was kinda like oK, similar in look, could be decent but why on earth do they then go and stick a Villians area in the middle?

I’m slightly annoyed that all these expansions are only allowed to be based on recent IP
That's one of my biggest annoyances with current Disney. They have TONS of classic, beloved IPs to work with. And yet they seem to only focus on what's new and popular at the moment. Some of those newer IPs may end up still being popular in the long run, some will be outdated in no time. So why not use IPs that have been popular for more than a few decades? Or better yet, go classic Disney parks and make original attractions that aren't tied to any IPs? Josh threw out there that they're always coming up with new, limitless possibilities (paraphrased) and I couldn't help but think "yeah, as long as it's within the limits of current IPs" 🙄

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Same. Even though it is in a park that already has Kali. Personally, I’d build this at DHS (with the spinner) but I wasn’t asked. It would be a fun, new ride regardless.
I get soaked on Kali, but barely ever on Splash. I won’t ride KRR unless it’s the last ride of the day and we don’t have ADR’s. I can ride SM all day.

That being said, DHS would definitely benefit from having some kind of water ride.

Captain Neo

@wdwmagic I think we need a new sub-forum "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain."

First impressions:

1) Coco belongs in EPCOT
2) Encanto, eh, catchy song but I dunno. Maybe it will be an omnimover ride? Or are we actually opening doors in a walkthrough.
3) Villians, that should be an entire new park.

Why do we need a subforum when we dont even know what or IF is even happening

Disney literally turned the presentation into their own rumor forum

SirLink

Coco will be FoP pt.2. A big screen as you ride Pepita.

Encanto is a walkthrough, or maybe a ride where it enters each doorway.

Psst. They were talking about a premium experience where you could see what 'powers' you get get when you get 'your' door .

SpaceMountain77

Yes, you are wrong hahah. It's not really about animals (besides the one family member).

I think a creative middle ground would be the full execution of a South America land, complete with representative animal habitats and programming, and the ability to visit the Family Madrigal while you are exploring the area.

Similarly, I think Moana should complement Australia and the Pacific Islands.

Indy_UK

That's one of my biggest annoyances with current Disney. They have TONS of classic, beloved IPs to work with. And yet they seem to only focus on what's new and popular at the moment. Some of those newer IPs may end up still being popular in the long run, some will be outdated in no time. So why not use IPs that have been popular for more than a few decades? Or better yet, go classic Disney parks and make original attractions that aren't tied to any IPs? Josh threw out there that they're always coming up with new, limitless possibilities (paraphrased) and I couldn't help but think "yeah, as long as it's within the limits of current IPs" 🙄

Zootopia gets a pass in Shanghai as it’s currently the only one but they are making the wrong choice if they stick it elsewhere because that film is not going to stand the test of time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom