News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

JusticeDisney

First, people complain that WDW isn’t doing anything to expand and add capacity. And then, as soon as some major additions are announced, people say “well, those will never actually get built” or “those ideas suck.” LMAO! I guess some folks just prefer to be miserable all the time. I, for one, am excited about all of these new things to look forward to!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
First, people complain that WDW isn’t doing anything to expand and add capacity. And then, as soon as some major additions are announced, people say “well, those will never actually get built” or “those ideas suck.” LMAO! I guess some folks just prefer to be miserable all the time. I, for one, am excited about all of these new things to look forward to!

... but they weren't announced.

DCLcruiser

The announced concepts that have been thought of. That May one day get funding, but also could be vastly different than what was previewed. They announced nothing. They discussed that they want to further integrate new IPs into the parks, but don’t have a roadmap just yet.
This is probably proof that a Beyond BTMRR expansion has been funded, as has a retheme of Dinoland. What is actually built, is ever changing.

JusticeDisney

The announced concepts that have been thought of. That May one day get funding, but also could be vastly different than what was previewed. They announced nothing. They discussed that they want to further integrate new IPs into the parks, but don’t have a roadmap just yet.
It’s the first step in the process. That is an announcement.

DisneyDebRob

Please, tell me what “ major” additions were announced that weren’t just “ possibly” “ maybe” “blue sky””etc”. I just watched the whole thing and I see nothing. Removing something.. bringing a song back.. riffing on what’s being built already.. m&g’s.. are not my idea of major additions.

MagicHappens1971

It’s the first step in the process. That is an announcement.
It really isn’t. WDI is making Blue Sky concepts all the time. This is like If they had thrown up sketches of Frozen, Coco & Encanto at D23 2009 and saying we have so many new ideas for our boundless future of movies. While I hope something comes out of this, it is probable that nothing ever will (at MK)

dothebrdwalk

For the record (unlike the DAK one) I like everything about this plan/idea/spitball that we know. Unfortunately it’s unlikely to happen.
Interesting, bc I feel the exact opposite! Moana and Zootopia are not perfect IP for Animal Kingdom- but I felt that concept art did seem like it could fit in nicely with Animal Kingdom. I do NOT feel that way about the concept art and MK. But all good bc neither are happening!

Captain Neo

what are the new things to look forward to?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Wasn't New Fantasyland and then Pandora and then Star Wars: GE all big projects that kept Bob I. coming back and getting bigger and bigger contract extensions?
Could Bobby Cheapak be doing the same with all these future projects and blue sky projects?

JusticeDisney

I never said that it wouldn't. There isn't a guarantee that it will. There is nothing to look forward to, because nothing has actually been funded yet. Therefore, no official announcement.
And I didn’t say that it would. But there most certainly is something to look forward to. Choose not to if you wish though.

SNS

I wonder if the new Indiana Jones movie is being considered. If it bombs, maybe the new Zootopia ride would also replace Indiana Jones in Disneyland as well (if it really does use the ride system).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom