News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

DCLcruiser

It was never 5, it's two.

Dinoland would be Moana OR Zootopia.

"Beyond Big Thunder" would be Villains OR Encanto OR Coco.
Beyond BTMRR is all 3. I think Dinoland is both, but the art only showed Moana.

Magic-Kingdom-expansion-concept-art-scaled.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Yeah but how would they get people back there? There's all kinds of things in the way. That's why I see that the people saying the Rivers of America being replaced have a point.
And however many people they cram through the gates are still going to want to be in the hub at fireworks time. Magic Kingdom is full. The last thing they should be doing is expanding it. The pinch points and park infrastructure are at capacity.

etc98

Yeah but how would they get people back there? There's all kinds of things in the way. That's why I see that the people saying the Rivers of America being replaced have a point.
I feel like they will have the river end after the first island, and fill in the river around the second island. So you still have (most of) Tom Sawyer Island, you can still ride the riverboat around the river, but it's just very much shortened. Similar to what they did at Disneyland

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
RE: your first point...not necessarily? There are nods to Coco throughout Disneyland's Frontierland. The American cowboy was heavily inspired by Mexican vaqueros.

I'd say both had more influence from Spanish (aka from Spain) Vaqueros.

Indy_UK

When they showed Coco and Encanto I was kinda like oK, similar in look, could be decent but why on earth do they then go and stick a Villians area in the middle?

I’m slightly annoyed that all these expansions are only allowed to be based on recent IP

DCLcruiser

We are talking about WDW Imagineering. Do you think a path is a problem?

SNS

We are talking about WDW Imagineering. Do you think a path is a problem?

Yeah, I guess Disney is famous things such as having a drop in the Pirates to get on the other side of the train tracks or the stretching room in the haunted mansion solution to get pass the train tracks too. So I'm sure they would come come with something. I just wasn't seeing at first.

DCLcruiser

Yeah, I guess Disney is famous things such as having a drop in the Pirates to get on the other side of the train tracks or the stretching room in the haunted mansion solution to get pass the train tracks too. So I'm sure they would come come with something. I just wasn't seeing at first.
Maybe we walk on top of the railroad to get over the river.

DCLcruiser

Just because the art shows all three doesn’t mean they have the slightest intention of building them all. I imagine they’ll end up picking one, if any.

The Dinoland art shows Zootopia city in the background and truly makes no sense.
Very true, but they set each up with trails to make us think they want each mini-land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom