News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Teddybearre

The media saw more concept art of the Carousel, so I’m surprised someone hasn’t actually provided more clarification. Was is Coco or wasn’t it? Coco would be relatively obvious if the concept art was laser focused on that one attraction.
They probably weren’t allowed to say it was Coco specifically. Surprised they were even allowed to say it was a carousel to begin with

BrianLo

They probably weren’t allowed to say it was Coco specifically. Surprised they were even allowed to say it was a carousel to begin with

I’m still occams razoring Coco in Tropical Americas until I see something a little more convincing otherwise. I totally can be wrong on this, but it’s weird the lead would be so buried.

It still feels like misinformation that has been recycled way too many times until it turned into facts. There was that one single article though, that wasn’t an actual quote from Josh, that could disagree with my premise or be a misprint.

James Alucobond

I’m still occams razoring Coco in Tropical Americas until I see something a little more convincing otherwise. I totally can be wrong on this, but it’s weird the lead would be so buried.

It still feels like misinformation that has been recycled way too many times until it turned into facts. There was that one single article though, that wasn’t an actual quote from Josh, that could disagree with my premise or be a misprint.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills in that everyone keeps repeating Coco as if it's ever been confirmed or even suggested by Disney in AK.
But the Yucatan/Mayan architecture wouldn't be for Encanto, so is this for the Indy reskin then?
Obviously. And it literally can't be for Coco because it takes place in north-central Mexico, not the peninsula.

In the Parks
No
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills in that everyone keeps repeating Coco as if it's ever been confirmed or even suggested by Disney in AK.

Obviously. And it literally can't be for Coco because it takes place in north-central Mexico, not the peninsula.
So if Coco is "co-coming" it will be in MK. But that is not what my source heard has been approved for MK, so we'll have to see.

BrianLo

You aren’t… I don’t quite get it either.

So if Coco is "co-coming" it will be in MK. But that is not what my source heard has been approved for MK, so we'll have to see.

Coco could have shifted to DisneylandForward. I took note the three things in the shareholder sizzle reel regarding DLF were Frozen, Zootopia and Coco. It certainly seems like they’ve played musical chairs since Josh’s first brainstorming session.

In the Parks
No
You aren’t… I don’t quite get it either.

Coco could have shifted to DisneylandForward. I took note the three things in the shareholder sizzle reel regarding DLF were Frozen, Zootopia and Coco. It certainly seems like they’ve played musical chairs since Josh’s first brainstorming session.
So what IS the mystery IP for Beyond Big Thunder if it's not Villains...

James Alucobond

I'm not saying it's not coming to AK either, just that the specific trip they talked about isn't for it, the artwork in no way explicitly suggests it, and Disney has never said it. It is literally a rumor that started from the thumbnail image of an inaccurate YouTube video.

In the Parks
No
Who said there wouldn’t be more than one IP, and that Villains is the “mystery IP”
A few months ago (prior to your joining this), my source (who correctly stated when Tron would open) told me that they had heard a different IP was about to be approved for Beyond Big Thunder (it was NOT Encanto, Coco, or Villains). In my source's opinion, it wasn't a good fit for MK at all.

Teddybearre

A few months ago (prior to your joining this), my source (who correctly stated when Tron would open) told me that they had heard a different IP was about to be approved for Beyond Big Thunder (it was NOT Encanto, Coco, or Villains). In my source's opinion, it wasn't a good fit for MK at all.
I’m not saying your source is unreliable by any means, but I’ve heard from my sources that Villains is definitely a go, and will be accessible from behind the Haunted Mansion. I’ve also heard from my two sources there are more IPs to BBT than just Villains, but I haven’t gotten any more details beyond that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It has never been confirmed.

But the entrance to Tropical Americas has the paper cut-out decorations which is mainly a Mexican thing, and not Colombian. Also architecture typical of Coco.

So, either the entrance is Coco (which would mean the carousel is likely Abrijes), or the concept artist don't know nothing of regional South American customs.

James Alucobond

If I were to guess, I think the three BBT lands are Cars, Zootopia and Villains. Long live the clones it seems
While I fear something like this, I hope their shift in Animal Kingdom indicates they will fit whatever they do in Magic Kingdom into the existing land structure as well. Coco works visually, thematically, and geographically as an extension of Frontierland. Plopping Zootopia into a park otherwise consisting of broadly themed lands is the worst idea possible.
It has never been confirmed.

But the entrance to Tropical Americas has the paper cut-out decorations which is mainly a Mexican thing, and not Colombian. Also architecture typical of Coco.

So, either the entrance is Coco (which would mean the carousel is likely Abrijes), or the concept artist don't know nothing of regional South American customs.
Mexico is represented because of the Mayan temple from Indy. The papel picado does not have to refer to Coco. The architecture is also not at all inconsistent with villages in Colombia. Again, not saying Coco won't show up, but right now it's just a baseless claim.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It's a shame that this is the most thematically appropriate opportunity to add an Emperor's New Groove attraction (restaurant? Food cart?) but we almost certainly won't get anything. I guess Villians Land is the next best chance, but I'm not holding my breath...

DisneyHead123

If I were to guess, I think the three BBT lands are Cars, Zootopia and Villains. Long live the clones it seems
It seems like Zootopia is always a candidate in these projects. When I Googled it, Zootopia did in fact do huge numbers, but it just doesn’t feel like a hot IP to me. I never hear kids talking about it in the way they do other Disney / Pixar movies.

Cars I can see just because they’ve been looking to add more boy-centric IP recently.

Someone once mentioned Bluey as a candidate, and I honestly couldn’t tell if they were joking or not. Bluey doesn’t scream Disney to me but is hugely popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom