Best view in Disney!

MinnieMee

Original Poster
Hi there. This is my first topic but I have been lurking for a while and then recently decided to join! I am from Scotland in the UK and am a massive Disney fan. We have our next trip coming up in June and my Mum and I were chatting about the best views in the parks and it got me thinking.

My Mum's best view is from the rose garden in the MK - sitting on the seating and looking up towards the castle and the walkways. Smelling the roses and people watching.

I love the view when you come out from under the station and onto Main Street towards the castle. I love the excited faces and the looks of wonderment in my DDs eyes.

Does anyone else have a favourite view or sight in the parks?

Hi MinnieMe and welcome:wave:!

My favorite is when we have an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace before the park opens. You have a clear view down Main Street and of the castle...like this....

emmacastlegw5.jpg

This is one of my fav pics too!
Happy Posting :sohappy:!

jessfriends

Off the top of my head, my favorite views are while riding the TTA & while waiting in line for Team Boat Springs at Blizzard Beach. I just love being able to see the resorts and parks all around me! It is so cool to see the MK castle far away in the distance! :D

MinnieMee

Original Poster

My favorite is when we have an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace before the park opens. You have a clear view down Main Street and of the castle...like this....

emmacastlegw5.jpg

That is a beautiful picture. We have also made an early ADR this year so maybe I could try to get a similar one. We have the first Bibbidi bobbidi boutique appointment in the castle.
Lx

UKMickeyFan

I love the view across World Showcase Lagoon towards UK/France/Canda as the sun sets, with just right amount of clouds in the sky, the view is beuatiful!

loweyan

Favorite Views

Well I have a few:

As far as best above the rest of the world sights:

1) the top of the Contemporary outside the California Grill
An amazing view of the Magic Kingdom, Seven Seas Lagoon, and Bay Lake. Just gorgeous and an amazing place to watch the fireworks from

2) the ascent Hill (after the house) of Expedition Everest.

From this lofty vantage point you can see all of the parks and for miles in every direction. All this before you go plummetting into the heart of the Mountain to visit the yeti.

down to earth Views:

1) looking out across the World Showcase Lagoon through the Torii gate in the Japan Pavilion:

This view is made even more exciting during the Flower and garden festival where they have beautiful Bonsaii trees that are placed on towering stands.

2) Polynesian Beach:

Watching the fireworks and water parade from the beach of the Polynesian hotel in a hammock is a great way to spend an evening with someone special.

I look forward to seeing others comments on their favorite views!
Marcus

echoscot

emmacastlegw5.jpg

What a great shot!!!! Be careful or Disney will snap that up for a commercial!:lol:

When I was working at Magic Kingdom in the early 80s we had to be in one morning at 6AM for a photo shoot on Main Street. It was very foggy and cold, then as the fog started to clear, one of the ladies opening up the Emporium yells out "Look!" and points behind us. There was the Castle with only low lying fog around it and us like it was sitting up high on a cloud and the rising sun shining against it. What a view, I will never forget. I wish I had a camera so I could share it with you guys!

ThinkTink721

Here are a few of my favorites:

The castle from the middle of Main St.

Fantasyland from the inside of the castle.

Top of Splash Mt. before the "big drop."

View of the castle from The Crystal Palace.

View from the inside of 'Ohana's at the Poly.

:wave:

thanks for the replies about the pic!:kiss:

Here's another one of my fav's that you have to get early in the morning...sorry they are so big...I'm not sure how to resize...

20060306image0102ro3.jpg

There is just something about being able to take pictures without anyone around. I think it just lends a level of intimacy. Like you are the only one's at the Magic Kingdom. This particular picture we turned sepia and have matted and framed in the house. We leave in a couple of days and have an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace again and are hoping to recreate this pic with our DD who is now 4 (she was only 2 in the pic) and our 1 year old son. Hopefully they will cooperate :lookaroun.

jt04

Disney Magic!

Just found this one and I don't remember anyone discussing it.

Approaching the Studios on the walkway from the Boardwalk resort at night. You can see the Main entrance and the ToT and all the lights etc. Even the hat looks good from that angle. If you have never been to the Studios, I highly recommend your first visit be at night while walking over from the Boardwalk resort. It is AMAZING!

jt I agree :animwink:. The entire walk from the boardwalk to dhs is nice. it's generally pretty quiet and not too many people seem to use the walkway so it's never crowded. At night it's a little bit more special just because of the lighting. I would second the recommendation for anyone to try this walk for the view.

jt04

jt I agree :animwink:. The entire walk from the boardwalk to dhs is nice. it's generally pretty quiet and not too many people seem to use the walkway so it's never crowded. At night it's a little bit more special just because of the lighting. I would second the recommendation for anyone to try this walk for the view.

I forgot to add the walk is about .5 miles but you also pass a large portion of the Boardwalk, and the Dolphin and Swan hotels which are all also amazing lit up. Don't miss it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Top of Splash Mt. before the "big drop."

That's my favorite...its so short of a view though, as soon as you see it...whoooooo!

I also like the top of the Contemporary although its been a while since I've been up there.

The view from the monorail passing by the Grand Floridian and Wedding Pavilion is also quite nice.

Little Green Men

I love California Grill's view. You can see all of The Magic Kingdom and the resorts, and the other parks in the distance. I love going up there and watching Illuminations, then later Wishes.

Figment Liteyr

I love seeing the welcome sign as we arrive :)

Also, the view from Italy Pavilion looking back at spaceship earth is great. This is a picture of my wife and me while on the segway tour, which also happens to be our avatar.

IMG_0307-1.jpg

BlackPearl

Mine has to be on TTA on the part where u see the castle. I think right when u get out of buzz lightyear u see it or pass Carousel of Progress. Or I also like Tom Sawyer's Island where u get see Big Thunder Mountain by the fort.

dvcnut39

I love the view when you come out from under the station and onto Main Street towards the castle. I love the excited faces and the looks of wonderment in my DDs eyes.

This is mine also. I always walk onto Main Street first just so I can turn around and watch the look on my family's faces. Priceless

maryt01

welcome to a great site. i have a neice in glasgow and she is a huge disney fan also. my favorite site is looking across the lagoon and seeing the uk and other countries.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom